Prologue

Nick Fury watched the display in front of him in thought

Nick Fury watched the display in front of him in thought. He absentmindedly tapped his fingers along the glass conference table as his gaze read over the file once more.

MIECZYSLAW STILINSKI

Those two words bore into his mind, alerts and flashes of this kid had been sending their monitors crazy. He hadn't got a clue why, but one thing is for sure, this kid had got himself into a ton of bad stuff.

"Sir you ready for us?" Maria Hill poked her head through the door, dressed in full mission gear. She knew something was coming, they all did. The Director gave her a confirming nod, sending in those waiting outside.

Steve came in first, giving Fury a firm nod as he took his seat near the front, sitting up straight and ready for attention. Natasha and Clint came in next, taking the other two front seats as they sat down, smiling slightly as they recognised the familiar mission file on the screen.

Thor and Tony came in last, the Asgardian, dressed in casual clothes, jumped into his seat as he twirled around in it, already bored. Tony took a seat at the back, an arrogant smirk already plastered on his face as he folded his tinted glasses into his suit pocket. Fury sighed.

"Hill, where's Banner?" Nick raised an eyebrow, Maria opening her mouth to answer, but paused  as muffled shouts were heard from along the corridor, quickly followed by rushing feet and out of breath panting.

"Sorry I'm late." Bruce burst through the open door carrying piles of unorganised pieces of paper, which he spread out unevenly onto the glass table. He ran a sweaty hand down his hot forehead. "The printer jammed." Fury rolled his eyes.

"Sit down." The Director barked, as Banner quickly followed, taking the seat next to Tony. Nick clapped his hands together, bringing everyone's attention to himself. "So, you're probably wondering why you're all here?" He asked rhetorically as he clicked a button and a young boy's face lit up the screen behind him, with mousey brown hair and whisky eyes.

"Mieczyslaw Stilinski." Natasha read the name in bold, pronouncing it perfectly, causing her to receive an impressed look from Barton.

"Correct Agent Romanov." Fury clicked another button showing the boy in sports gear, holding a lacrosse stick and smiling into the camera. "Stilinski is a junior at Beacon Hills High School in California, he's 17, and he's your next target." Tony scoffed, looking at the innocent smile on the kids face.

"Next target? You gotta be kidding, how much of a threat can this kid be?" Tony lost his smirk at the glare Fury gave him from across the room.

"A threat that has been involved in nearly fifty cases of murder or assault in the past two years." The Director spoke darkly, a silence fell over the room at the reality of what he was saying. Steve looked up solemnly, his eyes heavy as he met Fury's gaze.

"What's he done?" The Captain asked, fearing the worst. Fury clicked onto the next screen again, lots of different pictures showed up of bodies, mutilated, some with slash marks across the neck and others with what looked like claw marks that tore up their torso.

"Dear god." Banner took a sharp intake of breath. "That kid did this?" Maria crossed her arms, walking to the front of the room.

"Not officially." She mused pursing her lips. "But we have enough evidence to suggest that he was involved in each case, enough to make him a threat." Fury clicked onto the next picture, an old worn-down building filled the screen. Natasha shifted uncomfortably in her seat, getting a bad vibe from the place.

"He admitted himself to Eichen House, a mental health hospital. So we have reason to believe that he could be potentially unstable, so we need to act fast." Fury looked to the heroes in front of him knowingly. "This shouldn't be too difficult, but I need a quick extraction where no one gets hurt. Especially the kid."

"Why is it so important that he is unharmed?" Natasha asked, raising an eyebrow. "Surely if he's a threat we need to take him down, with any means necessary." All eyes on the room went to the door, as a soft knock was heard and Agent Phil Coulson walked in, a grave look on his face.

"Because Agent Romanov." Phil started, nodding at Fury. "This is personal." He pointed to the screen, where the boy's face still smiled out at the room hauntingly. "That kid is my nephew."