Chapter 1

Stiles bounced a rubber ball against the wall in his room

Stiles bounced a rubber ball against the wall in his room. Repeating the action again and again as his mind wandered elsewhere, deeper into the place he hated to go. His thoughts circulated in spirals as his eyes saw shadows on the walls, of a creature covered in bandages watching him, behind him.

"Stiles?" The soft voice of his father broke him from his trance as he looked up at the Sheriff, his gaze not completely there. Noah sighed, tired of seeing his son still suffering like this, they had defeated the thing inside him. So why was it still affecting him in such a way?

"Come here." Noah sat down on the boy's bed, patting the place beside him. Stiles looked gratefully at the man before him, before standing up and moving until he was next to his father, leaning into the comforting hold.

"What's happening to me dad?" Stiles croaked out, his voice breaking as tears threatened to fall down his face. His whisky brown eyes met glistening blue as he watched his father break before him.

"I don't know son, I don't know." Noah shook his head, as he rubbed Stiles' back lovingly. Holding the mere body of bones in his grip, careful not to be too hard, as at any moment he feared he would break. "We'll get through this." He whispered. "I promise."

But Stiles knew that his father couldn't promise anything, as what was happening to him, there was no stopping it. And that chilled his pale bones to the core.

—————

Stiles walked down the hallway at his high school, slinging the heavy bag of books on his back, the weight weighing him down unlike it had ever before. He was getting weaker, the purple rings under his eyes more obvious, and his skin grew a shade more pale every passing day.

The bell rang for lessons to start. The sharp sound ringing in his ears as he winced from the stinging pain that erupted from the noise. He looked up, catching a concerned look from across the room before it instantly vanished, the true alpha walking away as if nothing had happened.

Stiles sighed, turning the corner to get to his classroom when he was aggressively pulled by the collar and thrown into the open door to the boy's locker room, the metal slamming shut with a mighty bang. Stiles gasped with wide eyes at the wolf before him. Isaac stood, with glowing yellow eyes, growling at him as his body shook with anger.

"Isaac?" Stiles gulped, taking a step back in fear. "What're you do-" He was cut off by the beta slamming his weak body into the metal locker, the boy wincing in pain as he did so.

"Shut up." Isaac hissed, pushing into Stiles' collarbone. "You stop talking now." The human nodded uncertainly and the wolf relaxed his hold, although his gaze still held its violence. Stiles' heart pounded in his chest, as his breathing quickened, what was he doing here? What's he going to do to me? A million thoughts raced through his head as the boy's anxiety flew through the roof.