01

"Cheer up Bells. We are 18 today! You're not allowed to think your old, because that's calling me old. And that's just rude." 

"Yeah, yeah old man. I'm 3 minutes older than you, so by default I can be old without you being old."

"By 3 minutes! That's only 180 seconds older! And how dare you call me an old man, I still identify as an innocent child Bella."

"Innocent? Tell that the thin wall between our bedrooms Nathan."

"My innocent ears did not hear what you just implied. And don't say that around Eddie's innocent ears either."

"Don't worry, I try to block out the twin banter. And how many times do I have to tell you that my name isn't Eddie." Edward finally piped up from the driver seat. "And I hope you two get this out of your systems before we get to the party. You know Alice is going to want you in a party-ish mood when we get there."

"Party-ish?" Bella and Nathan questioned at the same time.

"You know what I mean. We're here." Edward walked normal speed around the car to get Bella's door. Bella didn't want Nathan to know anything about vampires, so Edward and his family acted human around him. Bella stepped out of the car as Nathan was getting his door open.

"No thanks Edward. I'll get my door myself." Nathan said sarcastically as he stepped out. 

"You're not my girlfriend. I don't have to get your door." Edward said lightheartedly as they wanted up to the door. 

"Well then. Guess who's door I'm never going to get for them." Nathan said back before smiling and laughing. 

The three of them walked into the house where the rest of family was waiting. 

"Yay! Presents!" Nathan cheered after everyone said happy birthday to the twins and looked at Alice waiting. 

"Yes presents. See Bella, someone's excited for their birthday." Alive said before giving him his present from herself and Jasper. 

"A mood ring?" Nathan questioned before getting a nod from Alice

"A mood ring?" Nathan questioned before getting a nod from Alice. "It's cool! Now Bella and I both have rings! Thank you Jaslice." Nathan said and Jasper and Alice smiled back at him, having already gotten used to the ship name Nathan had given them.

Bella got her gift from Rosalie next.

Nathan got his gifts from Emmet and Rosalie at the same time since they coordinated. Emmet got him a red ipod and Rosalie got him black and red wireless Beats headphones. Nathan cheered and thanked them. Nathan had to use the bathroom but he didn't want to miss her opening her presents.

"Wait Bella. You can open the paper but don't open the box yet, I don't want to miss anything."

Nathan went to the bathroom while Bella tore off the paper. Unknown to Nathan Bella cut her finger on the paper and all hell broke loose. Jasper tried to attack Bella and Edward pushed Bella to protect her. Which caused Bella to fall into a glass table. When Nathan came back half the family was missing and Carlisle was kneeling in front of Bella's bleeding arm.  

"Um. What the hell happened in the past 3 minutes?"

"Bella tripped." Edward said when Carlisle and Bella froze

Nathan gave Bella a subtle look. Even though he could be really immature Nathan was protective of Bella. Being twins, Bella knew what Nathan was asking by his look. Bella nodded back at him, which put Nathan back at ease.

"You are so clumsy Bells." Nathan said as he went to help Carlisle with Bella. When Carlisle took Bella to his office to take care of her arm, Nathan stayed with Edward. Edward cleaned up the glass while Nathan took care of the blood on the floor. 

The twins took their gifts home. That night Nathan could hear Edward and Bella talking, but Nathan played some music to block them out. He didn't want to evade their privacy, if Bella wanted to tell Nathan she would. Nathan didn't think anything of it when Bella and Edward went to talk in the woods the next day. Not until she didn't come back home.