07

"You want to go cliff jumping?"

"Yes."

"You're insane. When do you want to go?"

"I was planning on now."

"But the water's gonna be cold." 

"It won't be that bad."

"Alright.

(Time skip)

"I'm going first. There in no way I'm letting you go first, especially when you've never done this before."

"Neither have you."

"True. But everyone knows I'm a better swimmer."

"Alright. Alright. By all means, go ahead."

Nathan took a deep breath before getting a running start and launching himself off the cliff, screaming the whole way down. He made a big splash and stayed under for a few minutes before his head breached the surface. 

Bella took her jacket off as she talked with her hallucination of Edward. She jumped off the edge and silently fell before splashing into the water. She reached the surface before a wave took her and Nathan under. Nathan got above the water again and waited a few seconds for Bella. Bella struggled and slammed her head against the rocks and started to sink. Nathan panicked and began swimming after her. Nathan struggled and struggled to get to her but he didn't have enough oxygen to get to her. He felt someone pull him away and push him to the surface. When he realized that it was Jacob he stopped fighting and stayed above the water. A few seconds later Jacob and Nathan swam to the beach with Bella in tow. Jacob started doing CPR while Nathan softly slapped her. 

"Breathe. Breathe. Come on Bella breathe." Jacob and Nathan repeated until Bella started coughing up water. 

"Jake?"

Jacob lifted her up.

"Get her home! I'm gonna go help out over a t Harry's place!" The 3 turned and saw Sam before he ran off.

"What happened at Harry's?" Bella asked

"Harry Clearwater had a heart attack. Charlie and my dad are over at his place with his family."

"Is he okay?" Nathan asked

"He's gone." Jacob answered. "Come one. I'll get you something dry and drive you home." Jacob helped her up.

In the truck ride home Bella leaned into Nathan as Jacob drove them home.

"108 degrees over here." Jacob said and Bella leaned into him to warm up.

"It must be nice never getting cold." Bella said

"It's a wolf thing."

"It's not. It's a Jacob thing. You're just warm. You're like your own sun."

As they came to a stop in front of their house Jacob spoke again, "This is better. Now that you, know about me."

"But?"

"You saw what happened to Emily. Sam got angry, lost it for split second. Em was standing to close. He'll never be able to take that back. What if I got mad at you? Sometimes, I feel like I'm gonna disappear."

"Okay not that you need me to tell you something like this. But I always will, you're not gonna lose yourself. I wouldn't let that happen."

"How?"

"I'll tell you all the time how special you are."

Nathan was asleep for the whole car ride, so they didn't have to worry about him hearing them. Bella and Jacob almost kissed, but didn't because Nathan was in the car.