05

With the twins no longer allowed to visit Jacob, due to him having Mono, Bella's mood started declining. Bella's mood immediately started to affect Nathan's. Nathan was a little peeved that Jacob wasn't calling Bella back. Bella called Jacob all the time, but Jacob never answered or returned any of her calls. Nathan tried to make Bella feel better by saying that maybe Jacob got crammed with school work or something, or we was to sick to talk. Bella would just sigh and nod. After about a week of unanswered calls, Charlie and Harry went fishing.

"I don't have to go fishing today." Charlie tried to be there for Bella

"Yes. You do." Harry rebutted.

"Yes you do." The twins said together

"We'll be fine, and I've got Bells if something happens." Nathan added

"Just be careful." Bella said

"Always am." Charlie replied

"Those bears won't get the drop on me Bella. My Kung Fu is strong." Harry joked before following Charlie out the door.

After the men had been gone for a few minutes Bella turned to her little brother.

"Come on, get in the truck."

"Let me guess, we're going to Jake's?"

"Yeah. I'm worried about him."

The twins got in the truck and Bella started driving towards Jacob's house. When the twins pulled up to the house they saw Jacob walking outside in the rain. 

"Sick huh? And he cut his hair?" Nathan thought out loud.

"Yeah, apparently. Stay here."

"Sure thing"

Bella got out of the car called Jake. Jacob slowly stopped and turned around. 

"You cut your hair off?" Bella paused, "And got a tattoo?"

"Bella"

"I thought you were to sick to come outside! Or pick up the phone when I call."

"Go away."

"What?"

"Go away."

"What happened to you?" Bella asked and Jacob turned to walk away, "What's wrong- Hey!" Bella pulled Jacob back around. "What happened? Did Sam get to you? Is that what's happening?"

"Sam's trying to help me. Don't blame him. But if you want somebody to blame, how about those filthy bloodsuckers you love. The Cullens."

Bella furrowed her eyebrows, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." Jake snapped, "You've been lying to everyone. Charlie. But you can't lie to me. Not anymore Bella."

Jake turned his head when he heard his name being yelled. Sam was calling him and three other guys stood behind Sam.

"Look Bella, we can't be friends anymore."

"Jake I know that I've been, hurting you. It's killing me. It kills me. I just need, maybe give me like some time or something."

"No. It's not you."

"It's not you, it's me right. Really?"

"It's true. It is me. I'm not, good. I used to be, a good kid. Not anymore. This doesn't even matter alright. This is over."

"You can't break up with me. I mean, I mean you're my best friend. You promised me."

"I know. I promised I wouldn't hurt you Bella. And this is me keeping that promise. Go home, and don't come back, or you're gonna get hurt." Jacob said before turning a running towards the woods, where Sam and the three others were.