02

"I'm going to kill him!"

"Calm down Nathan. I can't focus on worrying if I'm calming you down. Sam will find her."

"I'm her twin. I should be looking for her. Please Dad?"

"No. I'm not getting you lost in there at night too."

"Charlie" Jacob drew their attention to the man walking out of the woods with Bella in his arms.

"Bella! Thank you Sam." Nathan ran towards the man with Charlie right behind him.

"I got her." Nathan watched as Sam transferred the limp girl to Charlie's arms. Nathan said one more thank you before following Charlie like a lost puppy into the house.

"When you kill Edward can I hold him down?" Nathan asked

"Let's worry about Bella right now and then we can think about Edward later."

Nathan hated the state that Edward had left his twin in. Bella barely ate. She didn't talk to anybody. The only time she ever moved was when she had to. It began to affect Nathan too. Being twins, when one was happy so was the other. And when one was in pain so was the other. Nathan didn't feel as bad as Bella, but he didn't have the same optimism he used to. He didn't greet people with a smile anymore. He didn't cheer about the simple things or make corny jokes. Nathan didn't get much sleep. When Bella screamed in her sleep Nathan was rushing to her room to calm her down. It got so bad, Nathan started sleeping in Bella's room. It didn't help the nightmares much, but Nathan could calm her down much quicker if they were in the same room. Nathan was proud of Bella when she went shopping with Jessica, but couldn't bring himself to be near Jessica for that long so he let Bella go alone.

Bella's days got better when the twins started to hang out with Jacob. Nathan couldn't believe that Jacob actually agreed to work on the bikes that Bella suddenly wanted to ride. Nathan couldn't figure out where the sudden interest came from, but he didn't care because at least Bella was feeling better. Bella and Nathan went to see Jacob everyday. Nathan was glad Bella was feeling better during the day, but the nightmares still didn't go away. It seemed nothing would make them better. When the finally came that the bikes were ready Nathan wouldn't wait to go fast. That was literally all he wanted to do, go fast. Jacob showed Bella and Nathan how to ride them and had Bella go first. Nathan went a few seconds after Bella. Nathan saw Bella get distracted.

"Focus Bells. No crashing."

Nathan meant it as a joke. It wasn't that funny after Bella crashed.

"Of course she would crash right after I told her not to." Nathan mumbled as he stopped and ran up to her. Jacob rode over to them and took his shirt off to use to dab at the cut on Bella's forehead. 

"You know, you're sort of beautiful." Bella said as Jacob was dabbing her forehead.

"How hard did you hit your head?" Jacob asked in response.

"Jeez Bells. Are you alright?" Nathan asked his sister

"Yeah Nat, I'm fine."

"Please be more careful. You get hurt more than anyone I know."

"Yeah yeah I know."

"Come on Bella lets get you fixed up" Jacob said as he helped Bella up off the ground.