09

"Do you understand everything we just explained Prince?"

"...."

"I'll take the silence as a no. Let's go over this one more time, and tell us if something confuses you."

Nathan nods as Alec begins speaking again.

"We live in a coven of vampires called the Volturi. The Volturi rule over all vampires. The three vampires you saw in the thrones yesterday were the kings. The one with the black hair is Aro, with the brown hair is Marcus, and the blonde is Caius. We refer to them as Master, and you will as well. Make sense so far?"

"Mhm" Nathan nodded and Jane started talking.

"We are a part of the elite guard. We are the highest rank you can be, beside the kings, that you can be in this coven. Alec and I are only one half of the elite guard though. There are Felix and Demetri as well. You saw them in the throne room. You'll get to meet them soon." Nathan looked at her wide eyed, "They're not as scary as they seem, and we'll be with you." Jane added and Nathan nodded.

"Now there are rules that all vampires must follow." Alec started again, "They're pretty simple, no human is to know about our existence, no turning children into vampires, no drawing attention to ourselves, no obnoxious killing. Basic things like that."

"Is that why Bella didn't tell me about the Cullens?"

"Yes. Bella isn't supposed to know about them either, but Alice promised that Bella would be a vampire soon."

"That sounds scary. How does that work?"

"Well a vampire bites you. When a vampire bites you it releases a venom into your bloodstream, that venom kills you and turns you into a vampire."

"That sounds icky."

"Well I hope it's not to icky, because you're going to have to be changed soon."

"Why?"

"Human's can't know about vampires remember."

"But I'm your mate."

"Even more reason for you to be changed. You want to be with us forever right?" Jane asked

"Yeah!"

"The only way you can do that is if your a vampire."

"I wanna be a vampire." Nathan whined, "Wait. I wanna be a vampire with Bella."

"Why's that prince?" Alec asked

"We're twins because we were born at the same time, if we die at different times then we won't be twins no more."

"Well I'm sure that can be arranged honey." Jane assured

"Yay. So how much of the stories are true about vampires?"

"I think it would be easier to just tell you about them, than to weed through the fact and fiction. First is that vampires drink human blood. Except for the Cullens, they drink animal blood because they are trying to deny their what they are. It makes them feel better if they never hurt anybody. That's why their eyes are gold and ours are red. We are very fast, all of our senses are improved. Meaning we hear, see, and smell extremely well. The way things taste and feel changes too. It's very hard to hurt us, and it's extremely hard to kill us. There's only one way to kill a vampire and it's not something our prince needs to hear. Some vampires have something called a blood singer-"

"What's that?"

"Let me finish and you'll find out prince. A blood singer is a human that has blood that is very tempting to a specific vampire. Bella is Edward's blood singer and mate. Most vampires have gifts. Gifts are like powers. You saw mine and Master Aro's in the throne room. Mine is that I make people feel pain, Alec can take away your senses using a smoke that he emits from his hands, Demetri is the best tracker in the world, and Felix is very very very strong. Master Aro can see everything thought you've every had, Master Marcus can see the connections between people. Master Caius is the only one that doesn't have a gift but he still very powerful."

"Um two questions. What's a tracker and can you do it to me Daddy?"

Alec answered, "A tracker is someone is very good following someone's scent. Everyone has a distinct smell and once a tracker has smelled you they never forget your scent and find you no matter where you go. Demetri is the best tracker in the world because of how well he can track someone. Like all trackers he never forgets a smell, but he's special because no matter how faint the scent is he can always find it. He also has some intuition. For example, if he was tracking someone that lived in one place and to run away from him moved to the opposite side of the world, he could still find them, because he would have a good idea where they were going because of his intuition and he can follow that person's scent no matter how soft it is. Actually, let's give you a real world example." Alec got up and found a clean pillow case, cut a square piece from it and then gave it to Nathan.

"Hold that for a few seconds and then give it back to me." Nathan did and gave it back to Alec, who held it for a few seconds and then gave it to Jane. Jane held it for a bit longer and then gave it back to Alec. Alec walked into the hallway to find someone and Jane and Nathan followed him. Alec found a random guard and gave the cloth to them.

"Give this to the next person you see. Tell them to make sure that everyone in this castle except for Demetri has touched this. Make sure I get the cloth back afterwards."

"Yes sir." The guard responded and carried on doing whatever he was doing. Alec, Jane, and Nathan then walked back to their room and shut the door. "Now to answer your second question, I can try. I'm only going to try and take your hearing okay. It may not work, Edward said that he couldn't read your or Bella's mind. Master Aro and Jane only tried their gifts on Bella, so I'm not sure if this will work for you." Alec explained and Nathan nodded and sat on Alec's bed and waited. Nathan watched in amazement as a black smoke wafted from Alec's hands and towards him. When the smoke made it's way around Nathan Alec asked if he could still hear him.

"Yep." Nathan huffed. "Well that's no fun."

Alec chuckled and ruffled Nathan's hair. 

"I have one last question. Can vampires get tattoos and piercings?"

"It depends on if you had the tattoo or piercing before you became a vampire or if you wanted to get a tattoo or piercing as a vampire. Piercings and tattoos you have as a human will disappear as you turn into a vampire. The venom forces the skin to heal, which makes piercings to heal, even if you have the piercing in when you are turned, the healing process will force the piercings and ink out. It's basically like getting new skin. Only vampires can hurt other vampires so a vampire would have to give you the piercings and tattoo with tools made of a special metal. Speaking of skin I forgot to mention we sparkle in the sun." Jane answered

"How do you forget to mention something like that." Nathan giggled.