twelve | iris messages and food fights

jason

Percy and Jason were laughing, sitting on one of McGonagall's desks and watching the Iris Message with smiles.

They'd finally gotten time to call Piper and Annabeth, but when the two boys called, all they got was Leo and Nico. The other boys had yet to release the message to their girlfriends, so they got to follow the two boys around the camp.

Kids were saying hi to the two, mainly Percy, and walking around in the background, but really it just felt good to see something so familiar. Nico was talking about some new Hecate boy that had come in the night before and how strange it was for him to get claimed so quickly, but Jason wasn't really listening. He was looking for a glimpse of Piper's face in the crowd of demigods walking by.

"Leo!" He heard her voice, "Come on, Nyssa and I have been looking everywhere..." her voice died down. Percy nudged Jason. "Who are you talking to?" She asked. Then she came into view. She stared at him for a moment.

Jason waved sheepishly. "Hey, Pipes."

"Oh my gods, you called!" She basically shoved Leo out of the way. "Where have you been! It's been like two weeks! No calls at all! We were worried sick!" She seemed to only just notice Percy. "Hi, Percy. Want us to find Annabeth?"

Percy nodded. "Yes, please."

Piper yelled out, "Annabeth! Percy's calling!", at the top of her lungs and smiled. "Someone will get the message to her."

Percy laughed. "Thanks."

"No problem." She turned back to Jason. "How are you guys?"

"We're great," he answered. "You?"

She smiled. "Everything is great here. Other than a claiming last night and Conner's attempt to prank Annabeth, nothing big has happened."

Percy chuckled. "I told him it would never work."

Someone jumped into view and crashed into Piper from the side.

"Percy!" Annabeth smiled.

"Hey, Wise Girl." Percy laughed. "What's in your hair?"

Her hair was filled with twigs and a few leaves. Piper laughed and started pulling them out.

"Grover and I were helping Juniper in the forest." She smiled. "Hi, Jason."

Jason smiled at her.

"How is everything? Where's the others?" Her face fell a little. "Is that why you called? Something's gone wrong?"

Jason figured it wasn't a good thing that they always assumed something was wrong. Percy just laughed. "No, Annabeth." Jason smiled.

"So, what's going on?" Nico asked. "Because there's something."

Percy and Jason glanced at each other.

Jason knew all about Will and Percy's worries over some people at the school. He'd never known them, but apparently they had died in the war with Kronos. Five people, to be exact, one Hunter and four campers. Jason thought they were overreacting. Monsters and a few mortals had popped back into life during the mess with the doors of death. Of course some had to be demigods, right?

A voice in the back of his head spoke, but why here? Why with the wizards?

Jason spoke to prevent Percy from voicing these worries, "Let's talk about the good things first."

Percy smiled. "Jason is trying out for Gryffindor quidditch tomorrow. Hazel is going for Hufflepuff."

The four others just stared at them.