twenty-six | reassurances and dead people

percy
Dumbledore stood at the front of the room with McGonagall. "What do you mean," he asked, "that there are demigods among us? And have been?"

Percy swallowed. "We have it figured out," he assured the professor. "They must have come back during the last war. But I was just warning them. There are going to be some familiar faces in the crowd and in their dorms. They can't show that they know them."

"It's a little difficult at first," Will told the Camp Half-Blood campers. "But you get used to it."

"I didn't know them," Hazel said, "but the most I can think of is that you have to be happy they're alive."

"Who is it?" Annabeth asked in small voice. "People that died?"

Percy frowned. "Yeah, people that died. Old friends. Siblings to some."

"Michael is here," Will said. "Gryffindor. When we first saw him, everyone was commenting about how similar he and I look. That's the hardest part; hiding it."

"Michael?" Reyna asked. "Another Apollo kid, I assume?"

"He died in the first war," Percy said. "Will's older brother."

Nico wrapped his hand with Will's. The blonde smiled down at the smaller boy. Then his smile faded. "Neeks..."

Nico frowned. "What?"

Will looked to Percy. Percy frowned, and said, "Bianca."

Nico's head shot toward Percy. "What? Is she here?"

Percy nodded. "Yes, but Nico...you can't hint that you two are related. She doesn't remember anything."

Nico sat down hard. Will set his hands on his boyfriend's shoulders and squeezed them. Nico leaned into him.

Annabeth grabbed Percy's hand. "Oh, Hephaestus's irons...what are we going to do?" 

"That's not all," Jason said. "There are others."

Rachel, Nico, and Annabeth looked to Percy and Will. Jason, Reyna, Frank, Hazel, Leo, and Piper separated from the group a tad. Percy sighed.

"In total, there's Bianca and Michael in Gryffindor, Zoe Nightshade and Ethan Nakamura in Slytherin, Silena Beauregard in Hufflepuff, and Beckendorf in Ravenclaw."

"Silena and Beckendorf?" Annabeth covered her mouth. Her eyes stated to water as she smiled. Percy nodded with a small smile.  

Leo broke in, "Beckendorf? He was going to be my brother, right?"

"Yep." Rachel nodded. "And now he still can be." She was smiling widely.

"Silena," Piper also said, "she was my sister."

"Yes," Annabeth choked out between relieved laughs, "oh Poseidon! Yes!" She threw her arms around Percy's neck. He laughed and embraced her.

"They're alive again, guys, but we have to remember they don't know us," Will broke into the joyful chatter of Nico, Rachel, and Annabeth. "We can't talk like they do."

Percy laughed. "But you should see Bianca on a broom."

"Legendary," Jason added.

"And you should see Percy," Hazel spoke up.

"Not quite as legendary," Percy said, "but not as bad as Frank."

Frank threw his hands in the air. "I'd rather stick to flying as a bird or dragon. Flying on a broom is so much harder!"

Hazel and Jason smiled. "We went out for the teams and got on," Jason said. "Harry Potter leads my team. Bianca is on it."

"And Silena is on my team," Hazel said. "Hufflepuff's for the Cup!"