twenty-three | dresses and reunions

annabeth

Annabeth didn't know why the person standing with Chiron was wearing a dress, but he totally was. A long, black, dress.

Next to her, Piper snorted and covered her mouth.

Leo narrowed his eyes. "What...?"

Calypso laughed and smacked his chest. "Don't be rude!"

"He's not," Nico said, repeating Leo's moves. "He's...wearing a dress. And has longer hair than Piper."

Piper laughed, and pulled her hair up in a ponytail so the random braids showed. "Now I'm kind of hating on my mom bob."

"Don't be," Rachel assured her, "it's super cute, also hard to believe a twelve-year-old did it."

"Yeah, but..." She scrunched up her nose at the man. "Is that our escort?"

Reyna came over, and leaned her elbow on Annabeth's shoulder. "Um, what is that?" She pointed at the guy.

Annabeth laughed and shrugged. "I don't know."

The seven of them had eaten breakfast early, said goodbye to their cabins and friends, and made their way to the big house porch. The harpies had taken all of their luggage already, but Annabeth was more worried about having to travel with this wizard than carrying all of her stuff.

Chiron turned and noticed them standing there. He waved them over. "Everyone, this is Professor Snape. He's the head Slytherin professor back at Hogwarts."

Annabeth held back her giggle and Calypso grabbed Leo's arm before he could say anything. So this...this, long, greasy haired dress wearing man was Snape?

Calypso stuck her hand out. "Nice to meet you!"

Snape didn't return the gesture. He blinked slowly and slowly glanced over all of them. "Pleasure."

Cal dropped her hand.

Annabeth and Reyna stepped forward. "Um, hi. I'm Annabeth Chase."

"Reyna," Reyna said in a commanding voice.

Annabeth nodded. "This is Leo, Calypso, Nico, and Rachel."

"I see," Snape said. He turned to the centaur. "Have you decided on a house for each of them?"

"Yes," Chiron nodded. "Annabeth, dear, come here please. You too, Leo." Both demigods stepped over to their mentor. "Ravenclaws."

Snape nodded. "And the others?"

"Rachel, you'll be in Gryffindor with Frank and Jason," he told the red head. Rachel nodded, making her curls bounce. She went over to sit on the rocking chair against the house's walls.

"Piper and Nico will join Percy in Slytherin," Chiron continued. Piper and Nico hi-fived. "Calypso, you'll join Will and Hazel in Hufflepuff." Calypso nodded and smiled at him.

"And Reyna, I couldn't decide where to put you, but I do know where you're needed-"

Reyna stopped the old centaur. "Wherever I am needed, I will go."

Chiron smiled. "I figured. Hufflepuff, with Calypso, Will, and Hazel."

Reyna nodded. "What do they value?"

"What?" Leo asked.

"Each house has a certain set of values," Annabeth explained, "ours is wisdom and learning."

Leo stuck out his tongue. "And I'm in it why?"

"Because you're good with machines and quick witted," Chiron told him, "and Reyna, Hufflepuff values hard work, fair play, and loyalty."