Chapter 7-Recruitment

I was waiting for Clarke to finish searching for supplies on the upper levels of the dropship, watching Monty as he was working on one of the lamps attached to the dropship to see if it can come off and be used as a lantern. I had given up trying to place Murphy, he was probably just someone I had known on Arrow Station that managed to survive the outbreak. Whoever he was will probably come back to me sooner or later anyway. I mean, it has been a little over seven years since I've seen him after all. Right now though, we just need to focus on getting Jasper back.

"It's not your ankle, Wells, it's you." Clarke says then so I look and see her coming down from the second floor of the dropship, followed by Wells. "You came back for reinforcements. I'm gonna help." Wells says jumping off the ladder causing Monty to turn away from the light saying "Clarke, he's right. We need him. So far no one else has volunteered." Clarke shakes her head telling him "I'm sorry, Monty, but you're not going, either." "Like hell I'm not. Jasper's my best friend." Monty argues stepping towards her only for her to tell him "You're too important. You were raised on farm station and recruited by engineering."

"So?" he questions so she responds "So food and communication." Before reaching up and touching his head and adding "What's up here, it's gonna save us all. You figure out how to talk to the ark and I'll bring Jasper back. Let's go Coop." as she turns around. So I give Monty a reassuring smile as I go to follow her when Finn suddenly comes into the dropship causing her to stop and question "Hey. You ready?"

He gives her a look and says "I'm not going anywhere." Before looking at the rest of us and adding "And neither should any of you." He then looks back at her and continues "That spear was thrown with pinpoint accuracy from 300 feet." "So what? We let Jasper die?" Monty snaps so I quickly place a hand on his shoulder and shake my head as Clarke says "That's not gonna happen." Looking back at us before looking back towards Finn adding "Spacewalker? What a joke. You think you're such an adventurer. You're really just a coward." With that she bends down to grab her pack causing Finn to tell her "It's not an adventure, Clarke. It's a suicide mission." She just shakes her head softly and repeats "Let's go Coop." before she heads out of the dropship without another look back.

Finn looks at me concerned, his face practically screaming at me not to go, so, even though I knew he couldn't understand me, I tap my processor once and then sign "I'm used to not being able to hear what's coming at me." Before heading out after Clarke, who was actually still just outside the dropship scanning the camp. She seems to find what she's looking for as she starts to walk again so I just follow after her. Feeling a pat on my shoulder, I look up to find Wells, following us anyway. I give him a small smile before hearing Bellamy state "You could have been killed." Looking over I see him, kneeling in front of Octavia, cleaning her wound, with Murphy and another one of his followers close by as Clarke announces "She would have been if Jasper didn't jump in to pull her out." This causes him to glance at her and Octavia to say "You guys leaving? I'm coming, too." Wrapping her bandages around the wound and starting to get up.

"No, no. No way. Not again." Bellamy instantly tells her, placing a hand on her shoulder and pushing her back down onto the log she was sitting on. "He's right. Your leg's just gonna slow us down." Clarke tells her before looking at Bellamy adding "I'm here for you." "Clarke, what are you doing?" Wells, questions pulling me behind him so he was closer to Clarke, who ignores him and tells Bellamy "I hear you have a gun." He then picks his shirt up a little so we could see the gun causing Clarke to say "Good. Follow me." As she starts walking.

"And why would I do that?" He questions then so she stops right next to him as she says "Because you want them to follow you, and right now, they're thinking only one of us is scared." Before starting to walk again. Wells and I quickly follow after her as Bellamy says "Murphy, come with me. Atom?" We're too far away to catch the rest and that's when Wells tells Clarke "Those guys aren't just bullies, Clarke. They're dangerous criminals." "I'm counting on it." She tells him before looking back to see if they were still following. Hopefully she knew what she was doing, then again, she usually did.