Chapter 1

~Natalie's POV~ 

"Mac" I asked astonished yet also kind of heart broken, I couldn't believe it there he was not even 5 feet in front of me there he stood in person. 

"Um Yes?" He asked it more of a question than an actual reply but that's not what hurt no, it wasn't that that had hurt me. No it was something much, much more. He didn't remember, he remembered nothing and that hurt more than anything. It was at this point in time I felt myself crumble while everyone stood and watched.

But lets go back to how it all started shall we. The very beginning. Let me introduce myself. My name is Isabella Natalie Nash. I hate my first name its too common at least that's how I felt especially in Mission City so I tend to go by my middle name Natalie. I've picked up a lot of nicknames and most people tend to call me Nat. All accept one.

He's Special. My Best friend Mr Angus MacGyver. He calls me one of two names. Iz or Izzy, you see the reason why he's special is because he is the only one allowed to call me by those names. Not even my parents are allowed, you see I wanted to change my name legally but most people know I mean Mission City isn't a big place if you think about it. Only he gets to call me these because I feel that comfortable around him, enough so that he gets to call me by my first name.

I'm  16 years old and currently in college. Home life isn't the best but who's is am I right?. I have 2 siblings both brothers, they no longer live at home because you see they moved out so just me, Yay!! (Hence the sarcasm). I tend to keep a few secrets but one person pry's them off me so technically they aren't even secrets. My Lovely Granddad who means the absolute world to me. He Knows about my crush on none other than Mac. 

"Natalie get up right now" my dearest mother called, deciding it would be best not to get on her bad side so far this morning I got up. Once leaving my comfy and warm bed I got dressed in my Short blue denim shorts, A baby blue cropped top, showing my stomach and legs off hoping to get a good tan, followed by my Black high tops. 

I walked downstairs muttering a slight "Good morning" towards my mother. I grabbed an apple and quickly ran upstairs to see if Mac was at or near his window and luckily for me he was. So with that in mind I grabbed the notepad off my bed and wrote "Meet you downstairs and outside in 5" giving him more than enough time to finish brushing his teeth and attempting to tame his wild hair, which I'm not complaining about It looks damn sexy, not that he would ever know. 

The thing of many I loved about about being best friends with Mac is not only our close friendship but it's also the fact that we live next door to each other, our bedrooms face each other. Our windows are opposite each other and we can see the other, in a none creepy way, but what I loved most was that say I could sleep or that I had a nightmare I could watch over him and he does the same even though he would deny it, he most definitely does the same. 

We meet outside and give each other a quick hug (of many today) we then proceeded to make our way to the bus stop, getting on the bus sitting next to each other, laughing and joking the whole way to college. We both were in the same classes so we didn't have to split up, that would never happen to us. That's what I thought at least, Until she showed up, I really didn't like her not because she became friends with Mac like he can be friends with who ever he pleases, but the fact that she had to smile and instantly he would want to do something with her weather that be hanging out on our days together or if he just bailed on plans we had.

I know I can't blame him he is allowed to have friends but it's her. She is my problem. Jessica Holland. Gosh I hate her because she has a thing for Mac and I guess she could quite easily take him away from me. The one thing I want to avoid happening for as long as I possibly could. I was going to try my damn hardest because I didn't want anything bad to happen to him like ever. After all he is my best friend and crush. She knew that as well but did she care. No. She disregarded me and I was slowly feeling replaced. 

As a result of this me and my family decided it would do me some good to get away for a week or two, I doubt he even noticed. We decided to go to Hawaii which was awesome because who wouldn't want to go there. I spent most of my time on the beach and even learnt how to surf thanks to a boy named Steve. But all good things must come to an end, even though I was leaving we kept in touch and I missed him. Every chance I got I would visit him. Especially when things got hard, It was like my escape from reality in a way.

~~

I hope you enjoy this first chapter. 

~Kaiden