Chapter 4

The next morning, I awoke safely tucked away in Zach's arms, warmer and happier than I had been since the day he left. "Morning," he said huskily, grazing a finger across my forehead gently.

"Morning." I smiled up at him, feeling pure bliss as he gazed down at me. Memories from last night filled my head and my smile grew as I remembered every moment of our first night back together.

"This is much better," he commented, "waking up and seeing Liams face was nowhere near as amazing as seeing yours every morning."

I laughed and buried my head in his chest, breathing in his scent and sinking into the feeling of security. "I missed it too," I responded.

"Did Ryder sleep in Liams room?" He asked, an edge to his voice.

I giggled and moved so I was facing him. "Yes-," I pressed my lips to his and ran my hand along his jawline. "-most of the time."

He pulled away instantly and frowned. "What does that mean?"

"Well..," I looked down to where I was clutching the bedsheets in my hand and bit my bottom lip. "He slept here a couple of times, but only because we were watching movies and fell asleep."

A scowl crossed his face and I couldn't help but laugh. "Does it really matter?" I asked him, reaching over to recapture his face and kiss him once again.

"I guess not," he mumbled against my mouth, sealing his lips over mine and rolling over so he was above me.

When he pulled away, we stared at each other for a while, sharing each others happiness and relief. "Can we talk about Chris?" I asked him eventually.

He sighed and rolled back beside me. "I guess," he said, nodding.

"He seems nice to me," I said, glancing up at him.

"Don't care." He shook his head. "Until I trust him, you're not saying a word about who you are while he is around."

With a sigh, I rolled onto my side to face him. "So what does he know?" I asked.

"He knows that the only parent we have between us is your biological dad but I said you didn't get on very well since he can't see Dean," he said.

I nodded. "Okay, you aren't far off with any of that anyway," I muttered.

"What do you mean? I thought you were ok with him?"

"I am... he has just started to act like a dad and tell me what to do now. It doesn't feel right."

He smirked. "Thats because you don't like being told what to do," he commented, wiggling his eyebrows.

"No, I don't."

He laughed and pulled me towards him, cradling my head against his chest. "We should probably get up," I groaned after a while of just laying with him. I
rolled out of Zach's comforting arms and shuffled to the edge of the bed.

"No, no, no," he growled, curling his hands around my waist and tugging me back so I was flush against him. "I have two weeks to catch up on."

His fingers mindlessly twiddled the ends of my hair while his other hand kept me pressed against him. "I missed you so much," he whispered softly, as though his words would break the comfortable, tranquil silence that wrapped around us.

"I missed you too, but we really should get up," I repeated and he frowned, nuzzling his face in my neck.

"Tell me everything that happened while I was gone first," he demanded and I swallowed harshly. I hated the fact that this would end in an argument. "Something happened, what was it?"