Chapter 32

"You have to be joking?" Liam laughed, staring at the woman in disbelief. I looked between all three boys, my eyes wide as I realised she was dead serious.

"And what do you mean again?" Chris asked, "we were never a family. For that to happen, you have to keep your children."

She shot him a look and shook her head. "We can be a family now," she corrected, reaching for the oldest brother. "All of us. All we need to do is get rid of her." Her gaze snapped to me and the warm smile faded into a malicious snarl.

I took a step backwards, my eyes wide with shock. Beside me, Zach laughed coldly. "You must be completely insane!"

"Don't speak to me like that Zachy, I'm your mother," she snapped back. "I'm sure you think you love this girl-."

"My wife!" He corrected.

For a moment, raw anger flashed in her eyes as they landed on me and then flickered back to her son. "What?" She hissed. "You married her."

He took my hand and pulled me closer to him, positioning me between him and Liam. "I did."

"You don't know anything about her!"

He took a step forward. "You don't know anything about me or my relationship with her!"

"Her father killed yours!" She shouted back, desperation in her tone.

"I know," Zach answered blankly.

Her eyes widened with shock and she stumbled backwards. "You know?" She whispered. "And you married her anyway?"

"Her father did whatever it took to protect her from people like you," he argued. "He was a good parent, something which is beyond your comprehension."

"He's a murderer," she hissed.

"And you're a liar," Zach snapped before turning and disappearing up the steps behind us.

"Zach!" His mother called, her hands shaking as she tugged on the bars of the cell. "Zach!" She screamed over and over while I watched in silent horror.

Liam stepped a little closer to me as she thrashed on the floor before locking eyes on me. "You!" She snarled, her eyes flashing amber and her nails stretching into claws. "You ruined my life!"

I frowned and backed away as she barked and growled at me. "You ruined your own life when you gave away your children," I told her.

Footsteps sounded while she barked frantically at me. "Are you okay?" My dads voice called and I turned to see his eyes wide.

I nodded. "I'm fine."

The growls became louder and more aggressive behind me and I turned to see their mother in total wolf form, throwing herself at the bars of the cell and clashing her teeth while her orange glowing eyes locked on my father.

He growled back as she shifted back into human form, sending her a warning. "I'll kill you both!" She spat.

My dad pushed me back towards Liam and Chris who grabbed my arm and held me in place. "I am this close to ripping you apart," my dad hissed, holding his thumb and forefinger a hairs width apart. "Don't push it."

She scoffed in response. "My boys would never let you harm me!"

My dad turned to Chris who shrugged. "Go ahead," he muttered, softly grabbing my arm and moving me backwards, anticipating another attack.

Her face fell and she shifted her gaze to Liam and stared at him with hope in her eyes. "I don't care what you do," he grumbled.

"What! How could you choose him over me?" She cried, looking between Dean and the two boys which a mixture of hurt and disgust.