40

jacks pov
-vote and comment-

| friday november 4 5:37 pm |

"i'm fucking exhausted" johnson lets out a sigh as me him and sammy enter my car after practice. coach had us running suicides over half the practice because Zach reynolds couldn't keep his mouth shut. he's always had a problem with attitude towards the coaches ever since he moved here. part of me doesn't understand why he punishes all of us for zach's mistakes but then that bull shit quote 'there's no i in team' comes in handy.

"you're telling me" i laugh tiredly in his direction as i start my car. "someone needs to knock some sense into zach."

"and that someone shall be me" sammy says with pride from the back seat. "yeah and get benched for a few games...i don't think so" i retort. sammy is definitely one of the better players on the team. in a way you could say he pulls us together from how much he supports us during games and practices. Being that he isn't necessarily like that out side of the gym it surprises a lot of people when they witness it.

"off campus of course" he corrects himself causing johnson to shrug. "but you know he'd complain to coach and somehow still get you benched." he says and sammy laughs. "He'd probably get his mom to hook up with coach." sammy says. half way being true. Last year he got his mom to talk to the coach in his office, there's no telling what happened between them and there's no way i want to find out. "his mom is fine" sammy adds groaning after wards causing johnson and i to look at eachother in disgust.

"her nose and boob job were obviously botched" johnson says turning around and eyeing down sammy. "don't even get me started on the fake tan" i say shaking my head as i roll my eyes. i softly smile at my self at how my inner kelsey had just came out. One of her pet peeves is bad fake tans. oh boy, if she saw zach's mom she'd throw a fit. "yeah what jack said" johnson backs me up instead of questioning me on how i pointed out the fake tan. i'm sure sahar is the same way so he's just used to it. that's probably how he knows about the botched nose and boob job, but then again it was obvious.

"still a total milf. you know i probably could hit that" sammy says biting his bottom lip.

"text message from kelsey: did i leave my purple bra at your house?" my car tells me making my eyes widen as i mentally face palm at how i forgot to turn off my bluetooth since they were in the car. johnson and sammy both hold smirks on their faces as they look at me. i stay silent and instantly begin feeling bad. I know kelsey sent that message with no regards to having sammy AND johnson hearing or seeing it. i've never told them about any of the times we've made out or even the bra shopping, it's all been between us.

"so you finally hit?" sammy asks still holding his devious smirk. "no she just takes her bras off when we get to my house after school." i answer honestly and he laughs. "yeah right" he says and i roll my eyes. "i bet you haven't even gotten to second base" he presses. normally i would be open and honest with them if they ever asked me about anything on this topic but ever since i've started somewhat doing stuff with kelsey i've had no intention on telling anyone. i don't know if it's the part where i told them it wasn't like that and i'm too stubborn to admit that sometimes it is like that or the fact that i know kelsey wouldn't want me telling anyone. either way i don't think i'd ever tell them. "nope" i answer causing sammy to let out a small laugh.

"i doubt she'd even let you anyways. i love her but she seems kind of like a prude" he adds. him saying that made me start to feel angry. i grip the steering wheel tightly for a split second before i let go so they wouldn't notice my reaction. I hate it when people talk about kelsey in a non positive way. i hate it when they try to put her down or make her out to be something she's not. "she's not a prude" i say quickly, furrowing my eyebrows. "and how would you know?" he presses. "i just know" i answer looking in my rear view mirror to see his reaction before i look back to the road. "Actually you wouldn't know with out doing anything. so therefore she's a prude." he says raising his eyebrows. i know what he's trying to do. he's trying to get the truth out of me. everything in me wanted to just come clean and tell him that i have gotten to second base but i don't. i stay quiet.

"we're just friends so of course were not going to do anything" i tell him as we pull into his drive way. "okayyy" he says sounding as if he didn't believe it before he gets out of the car. i let out a sigh and look over at johnson. "will you tell kelsey yes" i say backing out of sammy's drive way. he raises his eyebrows as he grabs my phone. "was your excuse true" he asks casually. "yes" i say since it was. she's left plenty of bras at my house.

"you look pretty today?" he asks making me laugh at how i forgot that i had sent that just two texts above her recent one. i've got to get back in my game. "oh yeah, she did" i answer honestly and he raises his eyebrows looking over at me. "so what was that kiss about the other day at the game?" he asks me. if it were sam or nate asking me this stuff i'd probably get annoyed quickly but it's johnson so i can be honest with him. he's been my best friend since kindergarten.

"okay i'm going to tell you something but don't make a big deal about it or tell anyone" i say raising my eyebrows sternly as i take a quick glance in his direction. "okay shoot" he tells me and i sigh. should i tell him? he's probably going to laugh at me.

"i think i actually like kelsey" i say quickly, letting a deep breath out after i finish. it honestly felt good getting it off of my chest. i don't exactly know what day i started to like her. maybe it was the day when she dropped everything in the middle of the night to come make sure i was okay when my dad had gotten into the wreck. Maybe it was the day i saw her bonding with molly, laura and my mom at dinner. or maybe it was the day i taught her how to play mortal combat. like i said, i don't exactly know but somewhere in the midst of all of that i started to like her.

"i know" he says like it didn't phase him at all. "what do you mean i know?"i ask him and he shrugs. "you talk about her way more than you did cindy and you can definitely see it in your eyes. nate was right she's got you whipped." he says. i would usually get offended if someone said that to me. my pride has always been to high when it came to people saying that type of stuff to me. But my ass was definitely whipped and i wasn't ashamed.

hope you're enjoying the book!

love u all!

keep voting and commenting!!

hope u had a great day!