41

kelseys pov
-vote and comment-

| wednesday november 9 4:37 pm |

"i think winter has already decided to show" i rant as jack and i enter the diner down the road from the school. we both have been craving one of their pineapple mango smoothies ever since he had brought it up in first period this morning. we both instantly demanded to go here after school at the same time. "How rude" i add and he laughs as he rubs his hands together before pulling me into him and holding me tightly. "what are you doing" i ask him with a smile on my face. "making you warm obviously" he says in a duh tone. "you're so cheesy" i laugh as i get out of his embrace and pull him up to the counter so we could get seated.

"what drinks can i start you two off with today?" an older lady named Ethel asks us as she hands us our menus. "two pineapple mango smoothies" i answer and she smiles. "is there any chance you could turn up the thermostat just a little bit?" jack asks making my eyes go wide. "sure thing, i probably should anyways before i forget. winter is right around the corner" she smiles. "thank you" jack says softly before she walks away.

"you didn't have to do that" i say and he shrugs. "you're over here shivering, so yes. yes i did" he informs me. "i really need to invest in something other than these light jackets" i laugh. i'm never prepared for the winter. ever. "just take my hoodies. i have too much anyways." he says. oh how i loved that sentence. I absolutely love wearing jacks stuff. i don't know if it's because it's because it's comfortable, his or because all of his clothes smell just like him...but i love it. "really?" i ask furrowing my eyebrows. "yes as a matter of fact, when we leave here i'll take you to my house and give you some" he shrugs and i smile.

"you're lying" i say raising my eyebrows. this all seems too good to be true. "how am i lying" he laughs, defending him self. "i don't know something seems up" i answer and he playfully rolls his eyes. "nothings up. i promise"

"i just like seeing you in my clothes" he adds making my face heat up slightly as butterflies start to form in my stomach. he likes seeing me in his clothes? i look homeless anytime i go out wearing them. "why?" i ask curiously, biting the inside of my cheeks so my smile wouldn't grow any bigger, if that's even possible. "it's really cute" he tells me. my will to keep biting the inside of my cheeks broke as the words came off his tongue. off all things he could find me cute in he finds me cute in HIS clothes.the ones that are way too big on me. the shirts that reach almost down to my knees. the sweats that i have to roll up multiple times to fit me. the basketball shorts that hang below my knees.

before i could reply our waitress comes back with our smoothies. "is there anything else i can get you two?" she asks us kindly. ethel has been our waitress almost everytime jack and i have came here. she's by far the sweetest lady you could ever meet in all your years of living.

"no we're good, thank you though" jack says smiling at her. his smile made me want to smile. lately i could just look at him and want to smile, which i have never experienced with anyone.

"okay, if you do you know where i'm at" she says laughing lightly at her self, which was by far the cutest thing. "will do" he tells her before she walks off.

"smoothie drinking contest?" he suggests with a smirk. "you have no idea what you're getting yourself into" i tell him as he raises his eyebrows. "oh yeah?" he presses, holding his eyes on me. "yeah." i retort with sass.

"3.2.1. go" jack says quickly before we both throw our heads down to our straws and begin drinking our smoothies as fast as we could. soon a burning sensation started to form right behind my forehead causing me to stop and wince, jack following my actions soon after my brain freeze had started.

"maybe that wasn't the best idea" he says leaning back against his side of the booth after a couple seconds of us sitting in a painful silence. "never again..." i say looking up at him as the pain slowly started to disappear.

+++
"this is the best day ever..." i say looking down at the pile of hoodies jack had thrown out from his closet and onto his bed for me to have. "i can seriously have all of these?" i ask and he smiles and nods. i felt overwhelmed with joy. i didn't know how to react or what to say to show how happy i truly was by his small act.

"i'm going to wear one right now" i say quickly and grab the purple one from the top of the pile. i remember seeing jack in this one not even three weeks ago. it looked really good on him, this was probably his color. i throw it over my shirt and instantly go to his bathroom to see the results. i smile at my reflection and he comes in with me. "picture time" he says pulling out his phone and throwing one of his arms around me to pull me closer to him as his other hand holds his phone so he could snap the picture on snapchat and posting it on his story.

"i told you, you look cute in my clothes" he says shrugging as he looks over me one more time my face warms up for the thousandth time today and smile at him. "thank you" i say cheekily

two updates🤪

vote and comment!!

hope you enjoyed this chapter!

almost at 9K reads, i really didn't think the book would do this good lol.