Willy Wonka

[OVERVIEW]

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971) is a beloved movie for many reasons. It's about a group of children who find golden tickets in candy bars that get invited to Willy Wonka's factory which was previously closed off to the public. Each kid one by one does the opposite of what they are told and gets punished in different ways until there is one kid left, Charlie.

[IMAGINATION]

"Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination." That's what Willy Wonka sang to the kids in the song Pure Imagination. But what if it meant more than meets the eye? What if it was to hint at the fact that nothing we see really happened to Charlie?

What if the fifth ticket was really found by someone else and everything we see from Charlie finding the ticket to him winning the competition was just his imagination?

Think about it. A lot of things happen in the movie that just don't make a lot of sense. Like shrinking a child to fit into the tv or a girl turning into a blueberry after chewing gum. And that's just the start of a lot of weird things, things a kid might imagine.

[CHARLIE SHOULDNT BE THE WINNER]

A viral post in Tumblr was released that said Charlie shouldn't have won and that Violet should have.

Firstly, out of all the kids, Violet knows the most about the intricacies of the candy that Willy Wonka produces.
"She's committed to it, and knows her stuff," explains Evayna. "When Wonka holds up a little yellow piece across the room, she recognises it immediately."

The blogger further explains, in her second point, that Violet is also "the most fit to run a business" as she is "competitive, determined, hard working, and willing to take risks". Her father is also a businessman who most likely can pass on important skills and information necessary to be the boss of a company.

Evayna goes on to explain that Veronica has sympathy for the Oompa Loompa's unlike Willy Wonka himself, who treats them "as disposable" and Violet "would therefore be a better boss."

In perhaps the most compelling point, Evayna shares that out all of all the children, Violet's flaw "is the most fitting for the company".

"The obsession with candy and neglect of social norms is EXACTLY what Wonka is all about. This is on brand."

In her fifth point, the blogger posits that Violet's "misstep in the factory is reasonable" as Wonka tempts and misleads Violet into trying the "amazing gum". The blogger further adds: "Violet is not selfish about her experience, she tells everyone what she's tasting and feeling, and everyone is eager to hear it.

"Taking a personal risk to share knowledge with everyone. Violet is Prometheus: fact."

She finishes her post by concluding, "Can you imagine Charlie filling Wonka's shoes? That passive, naive boy?
"Violet is already basically Wonka. She's passionate, sarcastic, candy-obsessed, free-thinking and a total firecracker."

The post has gone viral after a Twitter user by the name of James Ridgers shared screenshots of the post, captioning it "This makes sense and I am shook."

[HAND PICKED]

What if the kids weren't picked at random? What if they were calculated picks, especially Charlie?

We know Wonka has double agents so whose to say they don't observe certain children and report back to Wonka?

One theory states that Bill, the guy at the candy shop that Charlie goes to, is one of these and he specifically gave Charlie the candy bar that had the golden ticket in it because Wonka told him to.