Chapter 40

The temperature of her body rose up in the bedroom. The heat between her legs was burning me up with deep passion. I grabbed her by the neck and pulled her head towards me. Her lips trembled by the temptation of mine. The fire inside me was driving me crazy. I was craving her naked body, dreaming of the sexual movements atop of me.

Hazel's body. Breathtaking.

As I crashed in for a kiss, Her body rejected my presence. I was expecting her saliva inside my mouth but had something else instead.

She vomited. Not inside my mouth, let me correct that.

She puked all down my shirt.

Damn! Babygirl. Are you okay?

Aw! No! Not again!

Pregnancy effects.

"I'm sorry." Her voice murmured. "Hawk, I'm so sorry." Her broken tone apologized for her cold mess. "I didn't mean to--"

"Don't apologize..." I caressed her face, gently as I kissed her forehead, passionately. "It's not your fault. Look at me," We made eye contact. "Don't be sorry."Her pale face introduced her guilt in the situation, silently. She was really embarrassed by her actions and was expecting the worst from me.

A real woman doesn't apologize for her unknown actions. She takes notes, learns and prepares for her upcoming consequences. A real man embraces her flaws and protects her from heavy weaknesses.

"I have a bad migraine." She headed to the bathroom. I followed and took my shirt off. "I feel nauseous and weak at the same time." She admitted as she aroused her face with cool water.

"Did you eat this morning?" I questioned. "Do you want me to make you something?" I continued without her answer. "What do you want to eat? I can make waffles. It's your favorite."

"I ate this morning." She whispered as she headed out. "I'll be okay. You don't have to worry about me." Her sentence broke me down. She was asking me to do something impossible and I disagreed with her completely.

"Stop asking me to stop worrying about you." My steps followed her invisible footprints. "Did you or did you not eat?" I repeated my previous question. "Tell me the truth."

"I'm not hungry." Hazel groaned and pulled the blanket over her head. "Leave." Her voice faded from a small distance.

"Are you in pain?" I sat on the edge of the bed. "What's wrong?" I caressed her feet under the blanket. "Talk to me, baby girl, let me make you feel better."

"Leave me alone." Her tone was sincere and selfish. "I don't need your help."

"Hazel..." I said, softly. "You need to stop torturing my mind and let me take care of you." My sentence was serious and guaranteed. "Please, let me do my job as a proud father."

"I don't need your help for the last time. I can take care of my own self." She replied, coldly. "I want to be alone."

"I'm not leaving this room, Hazel," I replied back to her petty self. "I want to take care of my princess." The silence killed the sweet air. Hazel uncovered her face and glanced at me for a few seconds and whispered under her breath.

"Your princess is dead."

No, you're wrong. She's very much alive.

"You were my princess," I started, positively. "And you're still my princess regarding your situation. I still consider you as my future wife and you'll marry me one day. Mark my words." Her face went blink. She didn't know what to say. She was searching for hurtful words to break my soul all over again and I was ready to chase the negativity away.