XVIII | Lover

The next day, Isabelle and Alexander had to go back to filming. It was the last stretch, hence she had brought about a lot of things. When Madam Mary saw that she had packed several bags, she helped to put everything into a large luggage.

When Camila arrived at York Garden to fetch Isabelle, Alexander was carrying the luggage down the stairs out to the car.

Isabelle opened the car door. She didn't enter the car yet but turned to bid Madam Mary farewell, then turned to Alexander and reminded him to take his medicine. Just after two sentences, his assistant came, and she repeated everything she had said to Alexander to him as well.

The assistant listened attentively, continually assuring her, "Don't worry Miss Davis, I understand."

Isabelle continued to nag on for a time more, When she finally finished, she lowered herself and entered the car. Before she left, she reached out of the window to wave them goodbye.

"Alluring Times" was rushing to air during the winter holiday. In order to ensure that the later promotions had sufficient time, they had to complete the entire series within twenty days. The filming schedule was packed and almost all the actors were required to remain on standby every night. There was barely any rest time.

Even Alexander, who would return to Global Entertainment during breaks, stayed in everyday. Often enough, he would be going through his documents in the lounge with a face covered by makeup. Isabelle had even seen him having conference meetings with the board through his laptop.

Other than sleep, Alexander was either at the cafeteria or at the set. In order to avoid suspicion and unwanted rumors, he and Isabelle didn't interact much, but since they were both in the same filming set and were a couple in the drama, they would still chat occasionally, just not as intimately as back at home.

Even so, Isabelle would often sense his care and concern. When they were filming an outdoor scene, the temperature would drop, and Alexander's assistant would bring a shawl over or send her a hot tea or hot milk. These were minor details, but it was enough to warm her heart and send butterflies fluttering in her stomach. She would look towards him unconsciously, and occasionally, their gazes would collide, and through the boisterous and busy crowd, they would share a rare intimate moment.

Isabelle's heart would beat rapidly. She didn't posses the same will power as Alexander and would avert her gaze nervously to talk to Camila, pretending that nothing had happened. Sometimes, when she couldn't hide her nervousness, she would laugh chidingly at Alexander. Even though he would still have the same nonchalant expression, his lips would curl up into a faint smile, and every single time it happened, it sent a rush of heat to her face.

The busy days flew by. In the blink of an eye, they were down to the final scenes of the drama.

But before shooting those last few scenes, "Alluring Times" organized a promo conference.

The location of the promo conference was in a World class hotel. It was booked for the afternoon, and all of the famous media outlets were invited.

All of the main cast members would have to be there. Since everyone was at the set, before attending the conference, they were all at the set's makeup studio to get ready.

Alexander had something to deal with at work, so he was on the phone whilst in makeup. The stars who were going to attend the conference were already prepared. When everyone spotted him, they all politely greeted him with "Mr. Smith".

Alexander wore no emotions on his face when nodded at them. Every now and then, he would say a few words into the phone and then casually walk over to his own makeup chair.