Chapter 20 | Home!✅

Word count: 1484

(Sensitive/ abusive/ rape attempt scenes!☡)

《《《《《

NATHAN WALKER

We lost her.

Again.

The moment my men saw that red car speeding through the backside a few of them drove their bikes, trying to catch up.

But I don't think that's gonna work.

She was here.

Right here.

And I couldn't even find her.

We were separated for ten years.

After ten years of misunderstandings and finally I got her.

How many more times I'm supposed to watch her slip through my fingers?

It's horrible pain and I don't want to feel it.

It's like my whole world blacked out and nothing else matters.

Seeing her clothes torn out there sent me into a very dark place. I couldn't stay in there anymore.

It's like we're at a dead end now and have nowhere to look for.

We have no idea who he is.

No idea what relation he has with Tessa.

And what's he planning to do to my wife.

I stepped out and a wave of cool breeze hit my face. It was early in the morning and the sun just peeked out.

With my unshed tears, I walked out of the bar, simply where my legs took me.

There's this numb feeling, I can't get rid of.

I was so distracted, that I didn't watch where I was walking and I heard something crunch under my shoe.

I bend down to pick it up and noticed it was an old wooden locket with a 'T' encrusted on the front.

Opening it, I'm confused at the picture of a young version of Tessa and her abusive ex-boyfriend.

Then I gasp in realization.

Fuck.

I know where to find him.

SAMANTHA WALKER

I was exhausted.

I didn't sleep last night. Did not know when was night.

I looked out at the delicate sunrays rising as my tears dried up against my cheeks and hands still burning from struggling against the cuffs.

I didn't know how long he drove.

Didn't know where we were going.

Didn't realize when the car stopped.

I jerked up from my seat at the sound of the doors shutting.

Then I realized he brought me to a house in the middle of a fucking forest.

What the actual fuck?

Hopping out of the car, he pulled the door on my side open and dragged me out by my arm.

He held my arm so tight, I'm sure it's bruised.

He opened the door and pulled me along with him, as I took in the surrounding.

He lives here.

It was old and damaged.

Then I noticed the same picture from the locket, hanging by the rundown wall.