𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

Lucifer reveals his enormous wings and grabs my arm.

"No, you can't!" 

"Why not?" He sternly asks.

I swallow hard, thinking of excuses that might convince him to let me stay. 

"I will be punished by the head demons if you and Mazikeen aren't with me, especially if I went back so early." 

"And why would I care?" Lucifer questions. 

"Because I'm your daughter, Lucifer. You should care. You can't just block me from your life. Doesn't it eat you up inside how you mistreat me?" I question, and he stays silent. "Look, I know I was a mistake, but can you just give me a chance and let me stay on Earth for a little while longer?"

Only then does Lucifer let go of my arm. "Fine." 

I cheer and hug him tightly. As an automatic reaction to my unwanted affection, his body becomes stiff. "Sorry," I quickly apologize, realizing that he's not a hugger.

"But know that you are to stay here. You are not allowed to leave this penthouse unattended. I am understood?" 

"Yes, sir." 

Lucifer nods and reaches in his pocket and pull out some type of device. 

He sees me eyeing it in curiosity and rolls his eyes. "It's called a phone. You use this for communication." 

I nod. 

Lucifer begins to talk into the phone

"Maze, we have a problem. Come up to the penthouse immediately." 

I study his movements and could easily see how tense he was. 

[ ]

The elevator opens, and Mazikeen walks in. 

"What is it, Lucifer?"  

"This," Lucifer spits as he guides her to the couch to face me.

Mazes eyes meet mine, and she looks as if she recognizes me. "Hey, I remember you. You're the underaged girl from the bar." 

"Not only that," My father groans. "She's Eulb Yvi." 

Maze's eyes widen in shock. Her shocked expression quickly turns into that of Maze's classic what's up?  face. "Yvi, nice to see you again." 

"Likewise," I respond. 

Unlike my father, Maze has visited me in Hell. She would come into my chamber once in a while to check on me. That was before she and Lucifer decided to live on Earth—that is. 

"Okay, enough with the chit-chatting. Yvi, do you want to tell Maze why you're here, or should I?" My father threatens. 

Mazikeen sits down on the couch's armrest and waits for my response.

"The head demons sent me here—to bring you and Lucifer back to Hell," I confess.

She laughs maniacally, "That's hilarious! Now, go tell them that we are never coming back, and they can go fuck themselves," Maze spits. 

"That's the thing, Yvi guilt-tripped me into letting her stay on Earth." 

"I did not!" I protest.

"So now, Yvi will stay in the penthouse until she's ready to go back," He says to Mazikeen, completely ignoring my previous comment. 

"It's like Hell all over again," I whisper to myself. 

Lucifer turned his attention to me, clearly hearing what I said. "What was that?" 

"Nothing." 

After a bit of arguing and some small talk, Maze gives me some clean clothes to wear for the night. I immediately rushed to the bathroom to take a shower. The warm water hitting my bare body felt amazing. Any form personal hygiene did not exist in Hell, so the feeling was foreign—a type of foreign I obviously enjoyed. 

Being locked in a dark, twisted place for thousands of years does something to a person, or demon, I should say. It was as if I was being punished for my father's reckless actions.

Ever since I could remember, my dream was to go to Heaven and be an angel. Since Orcus and I were close, he smuggled things into my chamber, so I wasn't bored. Two out of the thousands of things he would bring me fabric and sewing supplies, so that I could make different costumes for myself. I loved creating white dresses, because it made me feel like an angel. That's how badly I wanted out. Being on Earth gives me at the freedom I've always wanted. 

After washing up and changing into the clothes that were provided to me, I began to get ready for bed. Although my teeth were already pearly white, I brushed my them anyway. I felt so refreshing and made feel clean, so why not?  I never got to do any of this in Hell, so might as well take the opprunity to do so while I'm here.

I then go to Lucifer's bedroom, not knowing where to sleep. Realizing that he isn't there, I decide to sit on his bed and wait. As soon as my bottom hit the mattress, I sigh at how soft and cushiony it feels. It made me want to fall asleep right then and–

"Bloody hell!"

I jump, scared at the sudden yelling. Once I realize that Lucifer's only wearing a towel I slap my hand over my eyes. 

"What are you doing here!" He shouts. 

"I-i'm sorry, I just came to ask you where I should sleep," I stutter. 

"On the couch," My father whines, clearly annoyed. "I'll get you a pillow and blanket when I'm done changing."

I stay put, waiting for him to be done. 

"That means get out!" Lucifer exclaims. 

I immediately rush out of the room, with my hand still covering my eyes. Once I'm in the living area, I wait father walk out of his bedroom. 

I spend the next ten minutes sitting on the couch, my eyes wondering around, admiring the interior design. Lucifer then comes out in a red silk robe, with a pillow and blanket in hand.  

"Here," He states, throwing the items at me. I easily catch them, due to my fast reflexes. 

"Thank you, sir."

Lucifer simply stares at me and nods, going back to his room. 

I lay down on the couch and place the pillow under my head, resting on it. I then throw the blanket over me. This wasn't at comfortable as Lucifer's bed, but it'll do. It's much better than sleep in a hammock so I couldn't really complain. Moments later, I feel myself drifting to sleep.