𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

I rode onto the driveway of Brian's towering condo. My mouth widened in awe from the beautiful exterior of the building and the interior of the lobby (that could be seen from the driveway). 

"Ma'am, can we park this for you?" A man, I'm assuming to be valet, asks politely. 

"Um, sure," I smile. "Thank you."

I hopped off the moped and handed the kind man the keys to the vehicle. 

Walking into the lobby, I'm called for by the receptionist behind the grand front desk. "Hello, may I have your name and who you're here to see?" 

I walk up to the front desk. "Hi, I'm Yvi and am here to see Brian, Brian Sanchez." 

The young woman scanned the guest list and found my name within a few seconds.

"Ah yes, Yvi Morningstar—you can go right on up. The Sanchez's like on the top floor in the penthouse." 

I nodded, then made my way to the elevator. Once I arrived at his floor, the elevator door opened and revealed a singular, grand entry. 

Wow, I haven't seen anything like this. An entire floor to themselves? I guess it's something I can relate to, so I have no reason to say much. 

I ring the doorbell, and within seconds, the door opens, revealing a sweaty Brian in a t-shirt and sweatpants. 

"Hey—uh, sorry about the sweat, I just got back from practice," He said with a chuckle at the end. 

I laughed lightly, "You're good."

I walked through the door into the elegantly decorated penthouse. 

It sure was spacious. 

"Are you okay?" Brian asked comfortingly, rubbing my shoulder

I sigh. "Yeah, I just needed to get out for a bit."

"Do you want to talk about it?" 

"Not really," I replied. "I simply want relax and not focus on my father." 

"Alright, do you wanna just chill in my bedroom then?"

"Sure." 

Brian leads me up the staircase and into his neutral-colored room—which was pretty big, might I add.

"Please, sit," Brian invited, gesturing to his bed. 

I slowly took a seat on the firm mattress as Brian sat next to me. 

"So..." He began. "I know you don't want to talk about what happened with your dad, I get that, but I want you to know that I care about you a lot. I want you to trust me, so if there's anything on your mind, please talk to me. I'm a great listener, you know?

I sighed, giving Brian a warm, affiliative smile. "As well as you—you can talk to me about anything and I'll gladly listen. I–" I hesitated before saying, "–I love you. I'm sorry if what I said was weird or too forward, as I've never had a boyfriend or whatever you wanna call this, but I just know that I love you." 

Brian's eyes widen in shock. "Yvi," He sighed. "I wish I could say the same, but—look, I just got out of a relationship, and I don't feel like I love you is the right thing to say now. I just don't want to tell you those three words yet because you'll eventually get hurt if I do so soon—I'm sorry I'm just not ready." 

My facial expression dropped, a bit embarrassed at the current situation. 

"I understand–"