𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞

"Yvi, what are you doing here?"

"What, I can't have a nice dinner with my friend? It's popular restaurant, isn't it?" I questioned wittily.

"Ah—well, I just wasn't expecting you that's all."

There was an awkward silence amongst the group. Alisa and the Watson Twins peered down, bitting back their laughter.

"So," Brian sighed, breaking the momentary stillness. "What would you guys like to drink?" 

"Um—we'll all share a bottle of water I guess–"

"Nah girl, we can do better than that," Sasha interrupted. "Can we each get a glass of your finest champagne?"

The rest of us turned to glare at Sasha in bewilderment.

Brian chuckled, "I'm sorry Sasha, but I can't do that. You have to be–"

"–Twenty one years of age or older—yeah, yeah," Sasha waved off. "Come on, Brian—please. I'm your best friend's girlfriend."

"It's still a no Sasha."

"Fine," Sasha huffed, then turned to me with a malicious smirk painted on her face. "Hey Yvi, do you wanna know something deeply embarrassing about Brian?"

Brian scoffed, "Oh, so you're gonna play that game?" 

Sasha ignored his comment, "Yvi, did you know that Brian still sleeps with a stuffed–" 

Brian's mortified face said it all. He immediately interrupted Sasha before she could finish, "Alrigtht, alright! Four glasses of champagne coming right up."

Sasha squealed in excitement, "Thanks, Bri-Bri."

Brian rolled his eyes and walked away.

"See, point proven. Brian has a crush on Yvi," Kala stated.

"What just happened doesn't prove anything—no one wants their embarrassing secrets being spread. Plus, he has a girlfriend so it's never gonna happen."

"Well, Brian and Audrey are not on the best of terms," Alisa confessed. "So I wouldn't say that."

I shook my head, disregarding Alisa's previous statement. 

Minutes later, Brian came back with our drinks.

Sasha looked up at the tall boy. "Took you long enough, Sanchez. I swear, do I have to talk to the manager?" 

I laughed, lightly swatting her arm for the comment. Brian shook his head—cracking an amused smile—and set the fancy glasses of champagne on the table.

"Have you ladies decided on what you want to eat?" 

"Yes, I'll have the Skinnylicious Asian Chicken Salad."

Brian proceeded to write down our orders. 

"I'll get the Margherita Flatbread Pizza."

"I'm gonna have the Tuna Poke."

I read from the menu, "And can I get the Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo, please?"

"Sure thing," Brian stated, writing the last order onto his notepad. "Alright, I'll get that out in a jiffy." 

Once he stepped away to wait on other tables, we all proceeded to take a sip of the champagne. 

I cringed at the bitter taste, immediately putting the glass down and taking a large gulp of water.

Sasha laughed, "You don't like it?" 

I shook my head in between coughs.

"It's alright—means more for me!"