𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

"Woah! There are just so many options." 

"I know right?" I reply. "Do you know what you want to buy?" 

"Nope, not really. As you can tell I'm not the most fashion-forward." 

I then realize the basicness in his outfit. He's wearing a white t-shirt with red sweatpants and black converse. 

"I did forget to ask you," I state. "How do you get your clothes and backpack?" 

"Um..." Orlando drags. "I may or may not have stolen it from the locker room of a school." 

"What?!" I whisper. 

"Yeah, do you remember me telling you that I woke up on Earth in this place called Utah?" 

I nod. 

"So, I woke up in the back of some highschool with dirty clothes on. There was no one to be seen, so I just busted a lock to a door that had locker room painted on it. From there, I showered and stole some clothes from a locker that I busted open too. I also might have stolen two hundred dollars from the wallet that was in the packet of the sweatpants."  

I laugh. 

"Oh my goodness." I shake my head. "That's insane. Who keeps that much cash in a locker?" 

"An idiot." Orlando laughs along with me. 

"Well, I'm just glad that you're safe and sound with me." 

Orlando turns to look at me.

"Really?" 

"Of course. You're my best friend and want the best for you. I can't bear the thought of you being on Earth alone." 

"Right..." He sighs. 

"OH!" I exclaim, grabbing a jean jacket from off the rack. "This would look amazing on you." 

From there, I grabbed different articles of clothing, having Orlando try everything on to make sure he liked them. After I paid for the clothes, with Lucifer's credit card, I take him to the Apple store. 

"Hi, ma'am! Do you need any assistance?" One of the apple employees ask. 

"Yes," I respond. "I'd like to buy the new iPhone, please." 

The woman grabs a box with the iPhone eleven inside and places it on the table.

"That'd be six-sixty-nine ($669)." 

I immediately hand my father's credit card over to the employee and she swipes it with no hesitation. 

"Would you like us to help you set it up?" 

"Yes, please." I smile, looking up at Orlando to see him confused. 

"I'll explain this to you later." 

[ ]

We just got back from the mall and am now taking some clothes out of my dresser to make room for Orlando's clothes. I have a half-empty closet so I'm unsure of why put things into this dresser. Whatever that's beside the point. Once I'm finished, I decided to put his things into the dresser myself, while he's in the shower. 

"Hey." Someone says out of breathe. 

I look behind me to see a post-shower Orlando with just a towel wrapped around his waist. 

"Hi," I reply. 

There's a short pause of awkward silence. 

"Uh...what am I supposed to wear to sleep?" 

I chuckle, getting a pair of underwear, plaid pajama pants, and a white t-shirt from the drawer. I had them over to Orlando and he gentle takes them from me. I turn around so he can change. 

"Alright, I'm done." He states after a minute or two. 

I turn around to face him. 

"Wanna sit?" I ask, pointing to my bed. 

Orlando nods and we walk over to my bed, sitting down. 

"So..." 

"So..." 

"Um..." I hum. "I never got to ask you what happened when I left." 

"Well for starters, they locked me in your chamber to take your place. It was a lonesome three months. I honestly can't believe you were stuck in that room for sixteen-thousand years. It must have been awful." 

"I mean yeah, it was pretty boring, but you definitely made my time more enjoyable."

"Same." Orlando points. "But, I was created for the sole purpose of watching over you in Hell. I don't have parents, no family or anything. Heck! I don't even have a soul. What I'm trying to say is that you wasted much of your existence being locked up.  You shouldn't have gone to Hell, you should've been in Heaven." 

I sigh. 

"I thought that too Orlando," I agree. "But, I wouldn't be the person I am if it weren't for everything happening. You wouldn't have been created, I wouldn't have come to Earth and made all these amazing friends. I wouldn't have found my first love if it weren't for this experience." 

Orlando smiles, taking a hold of my hands, looking straight into my eyes. 

'Yvi, my entire existence revolves around you. If you're happy, I'm happy and if you're sad, I'm sad." He pauses. "Point is, is that seeing you with your boyfriend may be painful at times since I'm only used to you being with me. Just know that you shouldn't care about some stupid jealousy I have, and you do you. I'll always put your happiness before mine because, at the end of the day, I'm just a demon. I'm not supposed to have feelings or have a soul, but I feel as if I do because of you. You gave me the ability to love."

I stare at him in shock. 

"Orlando-" 

I'm interrupted by my phone ringing. I pick it up to see that it's an incoming call from Brian. I look over at Orlando to see him a bit disappointed. 

"Go ahead, answer it Yvi." He says softly. 

I nod, smiling at him before answering the call. 

"Hey, Brian," I say into the phone, stepping out of the room. 

"Hey babe, whatcha doing?" 

"Oh nothing much, I'm just at my place chilling." 

"By yourself?" 

I pause not knowing what to say. What am I supposed to do in these situations? Lie? 

"Uh, yeah." 

"Okay cool. Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to go on a grab something to eat tomorrow after the homecoming game." 

"Um I'd love to," I say. "Also, is it okay if I bring my friend, Orlando, to the game tomorrow?"  

"Who?" Brian questions. 

"Orlando. My friend that you met today. He's really new to things and I just want to show him around and how kids around here function, I guess?" 

"Uh...." Brian drags. "Sure, if that makes you happy." 

"Ah! Thank you so much, Brian, you're the best." 

"Mhm," He hums. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow." 

"Okay-" 

I'm cut off by the call ending abruptly. I look at the screen confused and then shake my head. I walk back into my bedroom, seeing Orlando lying down on the bed. I decide to grab the extra sheets, blankets, and pillows now so he could start heading to bed. Once I'm finished making the bed, or should I say couch, I walk up to my bed to check on Orlando and see that he's fast asleep. 

"Orlando?" I whisper. 

Nothing. 

I grab my throw blanket and place it on top of his body so he stays warm. I then sleep on the couch, but not before showering and doing my hygienic care.