𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

LUCIFER'S POV ✞

*30 minutes earlier*

"Do you have to go so soon?" Trixie asked. "I wanted to play another game of Monopoly."

The girl frowned. 

"I understand, but I have to make sure that my own daughter isn't causing trouble at the penthouse," I said, patting the child on the shoulder.

Before I could walk away, Trixie hugged me tightly, causing my body to stiffen. I stared at the child uncomfortably as the Detective stood to the side, giggling at our interaction. 

I wiggled out of Trixie's embrace before making my way towards the front door, where Chloe was waiting to bid me farewell.

"Thank you for staying Lucifer," She said with a warm smile. 

"Anytime, Detective."

Chloe's smile widened as she brought my face down to hers, giving me a gentle kiss on the lips—nothing too scandalous as her offspring was only a couple of feet away. My heart raced by the short yet intimate contact I previously shared with the Detective, which only proves that the Devil can be tamed and whipped by a human. 

Chloe then pulled away and opened the door for me, "See you at work."

I gave her a kind yet assuring nod before walking off.

[ ]

As I drove back home, my mind was taken over by flashbacks of the crazy events that have occurred the past few weeks—Yvi ascending to Earth, me becoming a father, etcetera. 

It's all bonkers, really. 

Though I acted tough when it came to the subject of my offspring, the feeling of guilt had slowly been making its way into my mind.  

I haven't been the best father—I'm not oblivious to that. She's entirely innocent, but of course, I had to push her away. It's what I've had to do to protect her, she'll never realize that, and I'm at peace with it.

Ever since Yvi's arrival, nothing but anxiety has flooded my mind, making me think in-depth about what had occurred with the Detective two years back. 

Returning to Hell to save humanity from destruction not only took a toll on Chloe but me as well. I was desperately lonely down there and missed everything about Earth—my friends, family, her

I simply hope that Yvi being on Earth doesn't cause my descent back to Hell because I cannot lose Chloe, not again. She admitted her love for me, the Devil—one who was damned to be feared, hated, and judged by all who knew him. 

No one has ever made me feel, and the truth is, I love her too.

[ ]

As the elevator makes its ascent to the penthouse, I happily hummed "Fly Me To The Moon" while tapping my foot according to the song's rhythm. 

Once I heard the ding of the elevator, the doors slide open to reveal two boys sitting on the couch, conversing amongst themselves.

 Bloody hell?

I stepped out of the elevator, still in shock at the sight. The young men turned in my direction and seemed shocked to see me as well. 

 "YVI!" I shouted, heading into my bedroom. 

I felt my body temperature rise and my face grow red as I see another boy, this time on my bed, in my silk sheets. 

Without thinking clearly, I grabbed the scared young man by the collar of his shirt and harshly threw him onto the floor. 

The boy groaned in pain as Yvi, mortified, rushed to his aid. 

"Oh my goodness, what is wrong with you!?" 

"What's wrong with me? No, there must be something wrong with you for thinking it's acceptable to invite strangers into my penthouse!"

"They aren't strangers, they're my friends."

"I frankly don't give a–" 

Interrupting myself, I stared at the boy writhing in pain on the ground before me. I gave him a good look before slowly recognizing the three strangers as the high school students that come to Lux almost every weekend, getting wasted and high off their minds. 

I gave the boy, then Yvi, a stern look before stating, "I want them out, now."

"But–"

"NOW!" 

Yvi, shaken by my loud demand, began to help her friend off the floor and brought him into the living room, where she ushered all three boys into the elevator. Many forms of apologies slipped from my daughter's mouth (directed towards the young men) as the elevator door slowly closed on them.

Standing still for a few moments, Yvi turned to me, not wanting to meet my gaze.

"What on Earth were you thinking to let those random boys into my home?!"

"They were drunk, I couldn't let them go knowing they could get into an accident."

"Well, that's no excuse for having those adolescent germs come into my place of rest to do as they please. Especially without my permission."

"Like I said, it was a last minute decision. Plus, they go to school with me so it's not like they're strangers–"

"I don't give a damn if they go to school with you!" I shouted. "I gave you simple rules to follow, and you couldn't even do so."

Yvi looked up at me in defeat. "I'm sorry." 

"Well, sorry simply isn't good enough," I stated. "If I ever see you with those boys again, I will make sure Maze hunts them down and pays each one of them a visit. And if I ever catch you pull a stunt like in the future, I'll drag you back down to Hell myself."

Without exchanging another word, I rushed to my bathroom, slamming its door shut. To ease my nerves, I grabbed the edge of the sink's marble countertop and glare at myself in the mirror—my brown orbs now turned a deep, bright red color. 

My demonic form was begging to come out, but I couldn't let that happen. He would never escape as long as I'm in control of it. 

YVI'S POV ✞

What just happened? 

I knew my father had a short temper, but I didn't realize it could get this bad.

Anxiety crept into my thoughts as I was utterly embarrassed and ashamed of what had previously occurred. 

Why did Lucifer have to be like this? 

Why couldn't I just be an ordinary human and not the daughter of the literal Devil?

Crying had become a rare occurrence for me, as I was so used to sadness from living in isolation for thousands of years. Surprisingly, this had become one of the times I caved in. 

I quickly wiped my tears using my index finger and slipped on a pair of platformed sandals. I grabbed the keys to my scooter and pressed the elevator button. Once it slides open, I immediately hop in and intend on heading straight to the garage.

[ ]

AUTHOR'S NOTE 

Here's a bit of an update for you guys! I know it's really short, but I will be posting another update soon to feed all of you guys' appetites for this story. Also, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 20K READS!!! You guys are awesome, and I can't wait to see where this story goes.

Love, 

Vicky <3