𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖊𝖓

I sit on the metal chair as my father and Chloe take a seat across the table. 

"So Yvi, do you have any idea why you're here?" I shake my head. "Well, you are apart of an ongoing murder investigation." 

My stomach drops, and I take a sharp swallow. "M-Murder investigation?" I stutter. 

"Yes," Chloe responds. She takes out a piece of paper. "Do you know this man?" 

A man who looks to be in his late twenties or early thirties is pictured on the paper. I recognize him but can't quite remember where I've seen him.  

"I'll give you some time to think." 

I think harder and then immediately remember the man. 

[FLASHBACK]

"Excuse me," I stopped the first human I see walk by.

"Look, if you need money, I'm not going to–"

"No, I don't want money. I just need to know where Lux is?" I interrupt him.

"The nightclub?"

I nod.

"It's the building right there," The man says, pointing to the structure across the street.

"Thank you, sir," I say. 

[END OF FLASHBACK]

"Y-Yes! I remember this man. I bumped into him two days ago." I pause. "What happened to him?" 

Chloe takes out more paper from a large yellow envelope and places them onto the table. She flips them to reveal the man's mutilated figure. Large stab wounds decorate his corpse, and a large bruise is imprinted around his neck.  I cover my eyes at the horrific sight. 

"Please, put that away. I can't stand to look at this any longer," I state, closing my eyes. 

I hear the Detective put the photos back into the envelope. Once she's finished, I open my eyes. 

"What is your connection to Tim Braxton?" She asks. 

"We don't have a relationship or connection. I just bumped into him on the street two days ago to ask for directions," I confess. 

Chloe takes out a note pad and writes the information down. "Where were you before the incident occurred?" 

"Well, I woke up in an alleyway close to the sidewalk I met him at." 

"Do you have any recollection of what you did before you woke up in the alleyway?" 

I look at Lucifer. He nods as a way of letting me know that she knows about us. 

"Well, as you know, I'm from Hell. I was sent to Earth that day, and waking up in the alleyway was the first thing that happened after leaving the Underworld," I say. "I'm just confused about what the killing has to do with me."

"Well, according to our forensic scientist, Mr. Braxton passed the night you met him. We checked the local security cameras, and you were the last person to be seen with him. We found the body in the very alleyway you supposedly woke up from." 

"Well, all I have to say is that I didn't kill this man. I rushed over to Lux seconds after I talked to him." 

"Do you have anybody who can confirm your whereabouts at the time of the incident?" Chloe questions

I look at Lucifer. "Yes, well, my father, Mazikeen, and the bodyguard at Lux can. The bodyguard is a better source to go to since he saw me less than a minute after I saw Mr. Braxton."

The Detective nods and writes something down in her notepad. "Okay, one more question." She continues, "Is there anyone else we should talk to who may know about the incident or the circumstances surrounding it?"

"Well, that alleyway is filled with apartments. There is this one little girl that I had an encounter with, whose window was facing the alleyway. I'm pretty sure she's on the second floor." 

Chloe, again, takes notes in her notepad. 

"Well, thank you, Yvi—you're excused." 

I get up from the chair and walk out of the interrogation room.

"Crap!" I exclaim as a gooey, brown substance is dumped on my chest. 

Who I'm guessing is one of the detectives, stands in place shocked, mortified by his accidental action. 

"I'm so sorry, ma'am! Here, take my napkins," The man says, handing me paper towels.

I wipe my chest clean, glad that it didn't manage to get on my white top. 

"Don't worry about it. This is the most normal thing that has happened to me in LA yet." 

The man chuckles. "You're not from around here, huh?" 

"No, I'm from the south," I answer.

(author's note- south, get it?)

"I'm Dan—Dan Espinoza. I work as a Detective here," Dan introduces, shaking my hand. 

"Ah, nice to meet you. I'm Yvi Morningstar." 

Dan's mouth drops as I state my surname. 

"Morningstar? As in Lucifer Morningstar?"  

"Yeah—he's my dad," I confess. 

"I mean, I'm very surprised, yet I'm not surprised at all," Dan says, still shocked. "Lucifer being a dad is impossible to think about. I hope this doesn't offend you, but you seem nothing like him." 

"That's actually a huge compliment," We chuckle at my comment. 

"Detective Douche!" I hear Lucifer exclaim from behind me. 

Dan rolls his eyes. I guess they aren't too fond of each other. 

"Dick," Dan sighs and walks away. 

"Did you seriously have to ruin the most decent conversation I've had here on Earth?" 

"Yes, yes I did," He responds. 

"LUCIFER, WE GOT A HIT!" Chloe shouts from the other side of the lobby. 

"Finally, some action around here," He states, following the Detective. 

I instantly trail behind them, wanting to help solve this case. 

"Yvi, go back inside. Let the adults work," Lucifer says, stepping into the car. 

"Well, I don't care! I'm going to help solve this case, and you're not going to do anything to stop me." 

I get into the back seat of Chloe's car as Lucifer rolls his eyes.