𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

"Brian, I see you've stuck with the nickname." 

Sam, perplexed, says, "Oh, I see that you know each other already."

"I guess you could say that," I state. 

Brian begins to stare at me as Samuel converses with them, which causes me to cross my arms in discomfort. 

"So Yvi—your dad owns Lux, eh?" Noel questions. 

I nod, "Yeah, he does." 

"Next time we go, you should totally make an appearance," Samuel suggests to me. 

"Nightclubs aren't really my scene, but I'd love to get to know you guys outside of school."

Ending our conversation, the bell rings, and everyone rushes off to their next class. I look at my schedule and see that now I have Biology. Stepping into the classroom, I realize that I am the first student to have arrived. I quickly introduce myself to the teacher and decide to sit in the very back.

 As my mind wanders off, three girls enter the class. They all look at me and head in my direction, sitting around me. 

"Hey, I'm Alisa," The fair one introduces. 

I shake her hand and smile, "I'm Yvi—nice to meet you." 

"Oh, I know. You're pretty much the talk of the school," She lightly laughs. "This is Sasha and Kala." 

Two girls, who are mere copies of each other, shake my hand. 

"It's nice to meet you guys." 

"Same with you," The twins say simultaneously. 

"So, you and Samuel—tell us about it," Sasha pushes. "I saw you guys talking to each other during first period." 

"Nothing is going on. We simply have an English project together," I confess. 

"Everyone to their seats—class has begun!" The teacher shouts. 

Everyone gets in their seats and turns their attention back to the board. 

"Good—today we will be going through reaction rates." 

[ ]

It was finally lunch, and I was famished from not eating anything all day. I stood in line with Alisa, Kala, and Sasha as the lunch ladies set an assortment of foods on our lunch trays. After paying for our meals, we walk to a lunch table and sit down.

"One thing I love about being a junior is having lunch with the seniors. So much shit goes down at Brian's table." 

The girls and I take a glance at Brian's table, where a big group of students is gathered.  Audrey, the girl who had pushed me during nutrition, then sits down next to Brian, giving him a peck on the lips.

"Incomes Audrey," Sasha sighs as Kala and Alisa roll their eyes. "Damn, I was really hoping to not having to see her face today." 

"I had a brief encounter with her earlier. What is the deal with that girl? Why is she–" 

"–such a bitch?" Sasha questions, interrupting me. I respond with a nod. "Well, she acts like she's tough shit and that she runs this place when that isn't the case. To put it in the simplest way possible—Audrey is a clout chaser."

"She follows Brian around like a dog chasing a bone, and it's annoying," Alisa adds. 

"Yeah, I don't know why that girl tries anymore. It's not like Audrey really cares about him—she's constantly being seen hooking up with other guys," Sasha states.