Chapter 5

Sara stared out through the window watching rain droplets racing each other down the glass in front of the forest backdrop while she was trapped inside the room as she had been for two weeks.

On the sunnier days she had instead of staring out of a window stared over the balcony.

It was definitely too high to jump and escape with her life if she escaped and there was no way for her to climb down.

Every day she was visited by maids who would get her done and clean the room and leave her breakfast and then later her tray would be removed and replaced with lunch which was also later removed at supper time when she would be undressed and bathed and then dressed into a night dress and given supper and then that process would be repeated again.

It was a boring process to follow for two weeks straight and the only things stopping her dying from boredom were her thoughts and the sheets of paper she wrote and sketched on to occupy herself for her many hours of unexplained loneliness.

She had tried to talk to the maids who she was sure were sweet but they were quiet so she never knew what they truly were thinking. She just hoped it was meant to be part of their job and not 'if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all' because if it was the latter she would feel rather saddened that they possibly disliked her.

However they did nothing more than the routine jobs and the only times they would utter a word to herwas when they would ask her to undress before bathing or if she approved of her clothes which were all dresses which, although they were beautiful, were not entirely fit for 2019 or the 21st century in general.

She felt like she was a doll to be dressed up according to them in how she had her hair done nicely and they always put a beautiful ribbon in it and took pride in dressing her in the beautiful dresses, she was thankful she did not have to wear that corset which made it hard for her to breathe.

She sighed boredly deciding she had had enough of watching the rain droplets race down the glass and she made her way to the desk and began to sketch to get her mind off her loneliness.

After a few minutes she couldn't take it anymore.

She threw her pen down and ink splattered on the floor from the quill and she sobbed in her hands before she got up and wiped her tears away.

She made her way to the balcony and opened the doors as lightning flashed and thunder roared and she took a deep breath in and climbed over the balcony, heart rate spiking and racing immensely as the thunder bellowed through the sky and lightning appeared cracking like a bright whip in the dark gray sky.

She held onto the water covered rocks praying for her life and that she wouldn't slip.

The rain grew heavier and her fingers slipped and she jumped to the ground which luckily was no longer far away and her foot touched the muddy ground and she slipped and she got back up, really prioritizing her safety over her cleanliness as a sane person probably should do.

She may have been a little girly sometimes but she didn't freak out at the sight of mud and letting herself stay a prisoner because she didn't want to get her hands dirty was pathetic in her eyes.

She felt the cold winter's wind whip against her skin as she made her way through the forest scared and afraid as thunder banged and the wind howled like the wolves and suddenly her blood went cold as she heard howls of wolves mix in with those of the wind. Howls as in actual wolves.

Her feet moved faster as panic overtook her and she tripped over her dress and she got up and it was caught much to her luck and she heard the howls getting louder and closer.