Chapter 18

"Thank you for your statement Miss. We've called your parents. Please sit down, you look exhausted," the officer said wrapping a blanket over her shoulders.

"T-thank you," she whispered softly as he gave her a warm mug of hot chocolate and she sipped the warm drink.

"I hope you like the marshmallows, my daughter says that they make the hot chocolate extra special," he said.

"Y-you must really love her," she said.

"More than anything. I couldn't bear the thought of losing her. Your parents said they would be here very soon. They've been looking everywhere for you," he said.

"R-really?"

"Sara! Baby girl is that you!?" A man shouted as his eyes fell on Sara and he began running towards her with no care for it being a public place.

"D-dad," she said with tears in her eyes and the officer quickly took the mug of hot chocolate as the father ran to hug his daughter.

"I was so worried about you," he said holding her tight in his arms, refusing to let his precious daughter go.

"Glen stop hogging her to yourself," her mother reprimanded her father who let her go and Sara got up and hugged her mother, sobbing into her mom's chest.

"Thank you so much officer," Glen said relieved to have his daughter back.

"Where are Nathan and Kyle?" Sara asked softly, lifting her head.

"They are at home," her mother replied trying hard not to cry from the joy of having her child back.

"Come now let's go home," Glen said once everything was settled.

Sara got in the car with her parents and sat hugging her mother the entire drive.

Sara ran out the car as soon as the car was parked in the garage and she ran into the house and went to Kyle's room where the toddler was sleeping in his older brother's arms.

"S-Sara is that you?" Nathan asked looking at his sister.

"Kyle, Sar-Sar is here," he whispered to his little brother.

"Sa-Sa," the toddler said waking up.

"Sa-Sa!" He repeated getting off the bed and running to his big sister who fell to her knees and hugged him.

"I-I missed his first steps," she muttered sadly.

"We missed you Sara," her brother whispered picking both of his younger siblings up and putting them on the bed.

"Ow!" Sara winced as her back pressed against the mattress as Kyle clambered over her like she was a jungle gym.

"Sa-Sa. Ky-Ky miss Sa-Sa," he said hugging her and she ignored the pain as her brother crawled over her and began to play with her her brown curls.

"I missed you too," she whispered.

"Hey let me join," Nathan said getting on the bed.

"Get off of me!" She screamed as Nathan pushed Kyle off and then lay on his sister.

"I said get off you're heavy!"

"But you let Kyle-"

"He's one! You're eighteen!" She said struggling to get out from under him.

"Nathan don't crush your sister!"

He groaned and got off her.