Chapter 21

"And what did this man look like?"

"He had brown hair, blue eyes and he was a bit tanned. He wore clothes that seemed to be a few centuries old," Nathan replied.

"Anything else?"

"He acted strange and was targeting her. He spoke of a King Adam, so he was very strange well his clothes made him strange enough," Nathan added.

"And you? You saw this man as well?"

"Y-yes. He was part of the men who kidnapped me," Sara replied nervously not sure of how much she was able to give away, the entire society as a whole was very weird and they spoke of magic and she might have been perceived as crazy.

"Oh and he also kept on referring to her as Lady Sara and it was if he considered her to be of high importance," Nathan suddenly put in.

"This man honestly sounds like some sort of role player. They didn't molest her so I can only assume they were trying to drag her into whatever strange thing they have going on. A very strange case. I know you are still a bit shaken from your kidnapping and it is hard to revisit memories but can you give us at least some information such as where were you kept, how and where were you kidnapped," he said.

"I was kept in a castle. I was walking and I got lost and stumbled into a trap and got dragged to the castle," Sara said softly.

"There are no castles in this area?" The officer said perplexed.

"I was taken to a castle. I remember that very clearly," Sara said.

"Any description-"

"Officer my sister was kidnapped and traumatized by these events and you appear to doubt her. A man dressed like some aristocrat from centuries ago came and tried to rekidnap my sister that is what you should be focusing on. The fact that some strange cosplayer is trying to kidnap my sister as strange as it sounds it is serious!" Nathan shouted enraged and Sara shrunk back into her seat knowing how overprotective her brother could get.

"Look I'm just stating the facts, there are no castles here. If there were they would have been made into a hotel, wedding venue or museum to attract tourists but there aren't any so maybe it was just your imagination trying to cope with-"

"Look my sister is not a liar and I'm pretty sure no one will just imagine being taken to a castle. If you are too busy trying to cover everything up by making her dwny the truth about what happened then are you really doing your job officer. We came here because my sister was almost abducted by a strange man and all you want to do is prove there are no castles here. Maybe it's because the forest is so large that it hides it, I don't know but please focus on the actual problem, is that not why you are hired in a police station?!"

.......

"Mom I don't think it is safe for Sara to go to school. She was nearly kidnapped by a medieval cosplayer person, one of the men who previously kidnapped her. It is not safe for her, she can do school at home can't she?" Nathan asked the second they entered the house.

"Nathan isn't that a bit extreme, you can't take your sister out of school. She needs an education, besides you are not the parent," their mother scolded him with a sigh.

"But there are men after her. I want her to be safe. She can always do online schooling," Nathan insisted.

"I don't want to miss school. I have friends there!"

"Nathan we can discuss it when your father gets home, okay?"

~

"Sara. Where is Sara?! I told you to get her!"

"Her brother was protecting her. Lady Sara would never forgive you if we were to harm her family."

"Well you know where she is. Get her or I will do it myself and I will not care for whoever gets in my way be it family, friends, enemies or anything else. My priority is my Queen!"

"I apologize my King. I know she is to be retrieved as soon as possible. Lady Sara's place of residence has been found."

"Then go, I do not wish to see you until she is detained. You are the Captain of the Royal Guard so find her!"

"As you wish my King."

~

"Sara!"

"Huh?"

"Are you okay? You just fainted without warning," Nathan said placing a wet cloth on his sister's head.

"I'm fine," she whispered.

"No Sara. You're not fine, tell me what's wrong," he said.

"Nathan I'm scared. I don't want to leave any of you but they know where I am, what if I am taken again?"

"Sara, I'll protect you, I promise, I won't let anyone take you again," he said reassuring her.

"But-"

"No buts Sara. Just lie down and rest and everything will be fine," he promised.

She lay down in the bed and closed her eyes as she slowly fell asleep.

A/N

Thank you so much to everyone who has read this far. The 1k reads mark has been passed!
I'm also sorry for taking a while to update, it can be difficult working on four books at once when I struggle with inspiration at times so I did try to make the chapter not too short as I know from experience how infuriating it is to wait for a month and then get a short chapter.