Chapter 34

Sara held her head in her hands as she sat locked in the bathroom her heart racing rapidly, pounding against her chest.

Thoughts buzzed through her mind like a wirl wind, speeding like a super fast train or jet.

It was not the first time she had kissed him but it was still important.  Very very very important. Kisses represented love. Did she truly love him?

She did not want him to think that she did, regardless of whether she kissed with consciously or not. She did not know how she felt anymore. Did she love him or did she not? The mind of the teenage girl was a warzone, conflicted and confused with all her millions of thoughts.

She had had many crushes at school before but none had ever made her feel so conflicted. It was not like she had kissed any of them. Was Adam even considered as a crush?

"Sara do you want me to take you to eat lunch? Just tell me what you want and come out the bathroom. Just come and talk to me," Adam called from outside the door.

Adam was confused. Why did she run away after kissing him? Did she not like it? Was it something he said or did? Why could she never just communicate with him?

She frustrated and baffled him to no end all the time, maybe it was because she was a woman and she was a man or their completely different opinions and cultures. He was still trying to ease her into the ways of his society after all, it was not like she actually knew he was a wolf despite his efforts to tell her.

What would be the result when she realised the truth? Would she try run again like she had just done into the bathroom?

He slid a hand through his hair as he groaned. Could she not just reply to him, what was wrong with her and why would she not just let him fulfill his job as her male and let him care for her and console her. She was his female, it was his job to look after her after all.

He wondered why she was resisting the instinctual way of their biology. Maybe her being human was making it difficult for the bond they had to take a hold of her. Did she feel it? It definitely did not appear to be felt as strongly by her as it was by him.

Sara kept quiet, not responding to the King on the other side of the door, she did not want to speak to him after what she had done. Hearing him was only making her feel more conflicted for no apparent reason. Why was it so stressful being a seventeen year old girl or a teenage girl in general?

Why could nothing be simple? It probably was simple but she was as always over complicating things and it was not like she could help it.

"Sara, my beloved, are you doing well still? Are you hurt? Did I do something wrong? Please come out, I feel worried about you," Adam called out to his beloved.

Sara shook her head in reply even though she knew he would not be able to see it. She was not ready to face him. Could he not understand that sometimes a girl just needed to be alone and deal with her issues but he could be so clingy sometimes. He had spoken a few times of soulmates and beloveds and had called her his but she did not know if she felt what he did. Okay it was obvious that she did not but why did she not or at least not feel it as strongly if there was really some sort of weird soulmate thingamajig?

She wanted to scream out into a pillow from her conflicting emotions, thoughts and just overall frustration but then she would have to pass the guy who was insecure about being "fluffy" and she would worry him by her screaming.

The day seemed to just be a bad day for Sara, a mean harsh seamstress and an over clingy King who she accidentally kissed.

What was even worse was that she was beginning to think about the kiss and remember how it felt. His lips on hers, the way he took over her and reciprocated so well and gently. How it felt as if he had been so desperate to feel the taste of her. It had her craving more-