Chapter 17

"Sara open this door immediately before I bash it down!"

There was no reply, only silence and the King was beyond frustrated. He didn't want to break down the door because then he would have to get someone to fix it but he was losing his patience.

"That's it!"

The door came flying off its hinges as the King barged into her room to find it empty and slightly colder than it usually was.

"Sara!?" He screamed trying to sniff out her scent in the room.

He went into her closet and checked around to find pieces of cut up dresses which confused him and he went back into the room and noticed the balcony door wide open, having by some miracle missed that.

He went outside to investigate and found the cut up dressed in a rope.

He let out a loud and angry howl into the starry night. His mate had ran from him and it made him angry and slightly sad.

He was a wolf and a king and as angry as he was at her for leaving it hurt him as well, after all he did have emotions.

He had tried his best for her. He had tried to get her into society. She had made friends, he had defended her honour and protected her and provided for her like a mate should. He had done everything perfectly.

He had been far more lenient than anyone else other than a servant or slave would be with their mate so why had she ran from him.

He wanted to give her everything. Her closet was lined with dresses from the best seamstresses in the kingdom and she had a king as a mate. He was a king. There was no one higher than him and yet she had ran from him.

He would have to track her down. He could not allow her to be out alone. She was only a human, a fragile little female human and his only mate. He needed her to give them an heir at some point in her life and it could not happen if she died. If she died he would lose himself.

"James assemble the warriors. My beloved seems to have fled. I need her returned to me. No stone will be left unturned until she is safely in my arms where she is supposed to be," he said to his friend.