Chapter 16

We took a pit stop to stretch our legs quickly, go to the bathroom, and etc. but it was a little crowded. I hope Jin realizes this might not be the best idea, but everyone's bladder was about to explode, so we didn't care. I put on my glasses and kept my mask in my pocket in case— it may not help much, but the glasses hid my blue eyes, and I always wear a hat, so you couldn't see my brown curly hair very well anyway. I know I still look like a foreigner, but it helps to be disguised.

After doing my business, I took a small walk around the area and went to get a drink from a nearby vending machine when a group of girls pass me, giving me weird looks, acting snobby. I heard them gossiping about BTS as they went to the restrooms. They were very loud, so it was hard not to listen. Don't judge.

"Did you hear? BTS is on vacation!" one of them squealed.

"They went to some beach area— Jejudo? Or maybe even Busan?" They gasp.

"That's not far from here! Omo! Maybe they're still there?!" A girl with an extremely annoying, high pitched voice shrieked. They all start giggling and fangirling. "We should get going and try to catch them!" she suggests.

"Good thing we left," I thought.

"No way!" Another one shrieks, knocking me out of my thoughts.

"What is it?"

"There's a girl with them!" They all dramatically gasp. My eyes widen. "See? Look, here's a picture of them."

I froze.

"There's a picture? Oh shit." My full attention was now on the conversation.

"Do you think one of them has a girlfriend?"

"What? No way, they can't date anyone. They're too busy, and besides, Jiminie-oppa is mine!" Squeaky chick said with slight attitude.

"Look, it's even a foreigner!"

I could feel the blood drain from my face. This is not good.

"So what, she's probably a fan, or an assistant of some sort, or something like that." One of them said. They all started agreeing with her

"More foreigners are starting to get jobs around here, surprisingly in the music industry now. Probably a translator or an English tutor or something," another pointed out.

"Tch, desperate to get close."

"Yeah, you're right. BTS is too smart to date a foreigner." one said, saying "foreigner" with such disgust. "Besides, even if they did, it would, at least, be a pretty one."

"She's probably a westerner. Look at how fat she is." They giggle as they continue chatting along.

"Yeah, they really could do so much better."

I know I shouldn't even think twice about what they say. They're just jealous fans. Afraid an "ugly foreigner" stole their man. That always bothered me how some fans talk about the guys, as if BTS were an object like they belong to them. I know some fans think they just want what's best for them, but they're only thinking for themselves. And what they said still hurts though.

"She's probably just a crazed fan who follows BTS around everywhere," said squeaky chick.

"Says the one who suggested they drive down to Busan to maybe get a glimpse of the guys..."

"C'mon, let's go," one of them announced. I heard their footsteps echo off of the tiled floors of the restrooms and were coming my way. I quickly face the vending machine with my head down like I'm deciding on a snack or something.