Pain

He sat us on the bed, and began to kiss me. I sat, unmoving. He started going further and I slapped him. He slapped me back.

"Emmie, you are my wife. You owe me this." Taylor says.

"I'm not your wife. I don't owe you anything." I snap.

He sighs, then goes into the bathroom. I use this time to look for any possible escape. When he comes back, he has a needle in his hand.

"NO!" I yell.

But it's too late, he's already stuck it in my arm and I'm passing out.

When I awake the next morning, Taylor is stroking my hair.

"Get off of me." I growl.

"You're cute when you sleep." Taylor mumbles.

"Well you're not cute, as a matter of face, your entire family's a bunch of monsters." I say.

This sets him off, and he yanks me from the bed.

"You are to respect this family. We are here to protect you and you are being so ungrateful." He yells.

"You aren't protecting anything!! I lived perfectly fine without you before!!" I yell back.

This angers Taylor, and he grabs my arm and pulls out a knife.

"I didn't want to have to do this on your second day here Emmie, but you leave me no choice."

He cuts me, three times, each one deeper than the last. I scream.

"Taylor, stop!!! I'm sorry!!!" I plead.

"Good. Now go downstairs, mom and Lindsay are waiting on you to help with breakfast." Taylor instructs.

When we get downstairs, Jenny is cooking eggs and Lindsay is setting the table.

"Emmie, can you heat up the oatmeal please?" Lindsay asks.

"Sure." I say.

We work together and feed everybody at the table. Gabe helped Lindsay feed Jared, kissed her, and went out first.

"You girls keep Emmie out of trouble, ok?" Noah instructs.

"Of course, honey." Jenny says.

Noah leaves after kissing Jenny, then Taylor leaves after kissing me. I still couldn't believe all of this was happening.

"Emmie, I'm gonna put you in charge of dishes for the day. Lindsay is gonna clean the floors, and I have to vacuum the rooms. If you need anything, let either one of us know." Jenny smiles warmly at me.

I sigh, and begin scrubbing the dirty dishes, when a thought occurs to me.

Dishes meant knives.

I began digging for some.

Eventually, I found one. A very sharp one that looked like it could cut through bone. I smile, and stick it in my waistband. I was going to get out of here, one way or the other.

Suddenly, the front door flies open and I hear screams echoing outside.

"Emmie, we have a surprise for you. We're going to show you how well we can protect you and this family. Get Jenny and Lindsay." Taylor tells me.

I freeze, unable to move.

"Now!" He demands.

I run until I find the girls, and tell them what's going on.

"Sweetie, don't be scared. It's gonna be alright. We'll be right there with you." Jenny says.

I nod, as we approach the kitchen. There was a girl tied to a chair, with blood running down her face.

"Please!! I promise I won't tell anyone I swear, I just wanna go home." She pleads.

My eyes begin to fill with tears, and I can feel bile rising in my throat.

"Isn't that a shame?" Noah asks, stabbing her in the stomach.

She coughs up blood, and looks at me.

"You... you're the.." but her sentence is cut off by Taylor slicing open her throat.

"Clean this mess." Noah orders us.

Instead, I run to the bathroom to puke. Taylor walks in behind me.

"Emmie, what's wrong?" He asks.

"You guys are monsters. You kill people!!!" I scream, hitting him as hard as I can.

"To protect you!!" Taylor yells back.

"No! It's because you are sick in the head!" I yell.

He sighs, then throws me over his shoulders.

"Let go of me!! LET GO OF ME!" I scream.

"Shut up." He yells, tossing me onto the bed.

"Taylor stop it! Let me go home!" I plead.

He slaps me, then pulls out a knife.

"You need to learn how to respect this family!!" He yells, bringing the knife down to my stomach.

"You need learn how to be normal!" I shout.

That's when I feel the knife dig even deeper into my flesh for a longer period of time, and then I black out.