Visitors

I hear their truck pull up, and I instantly run outside. I throw my arms around the girl and she hugs me back.

"Oh my gosh! It's so nice to finally meet you! You're so beautiful." I gush.

"Emmie, you're overwhelming her darling." Taylor says.

I back off and smile at her, inviting her in.

"Hey Emmie! Wow, you're huge now. Congratulations to you and Taylor." Jimmy says.

I had never met Jimmy, Tommy or Charles. Jimmy's girl was still newer to the family and they had come from pretty far away, I just wasn't sure where.

"My name's Emmie!" I say.

"I'm Juliet." She answers quietly.

I take her hand and introduce her to Lindsay, Jenny, Gabe and Noah.

"Wow Jim, she seems very tame." Gabe says.

"She was a fighter at first, but she's settled in nicely." Charles tells us.

"Yeah, okay." Tommy snears.

"Well now that you're here, it's time to prepare the feast we have planned." Jenny announces.

"I'm starving! Julie has kept us well fed, but that was a long drive." Jimmy says.

"Let us take care of you. Juliet, would you mind cooking the meat tonight? I wanna see how you season it." Jenny asks.

"I'm on it." Julie chirps.

"Emmie dear, keep drinking your water. I'm gonna go out with the guys for a little bit. I love you." Taylor kisses my cheek.

We talk like we cook. Juliet says she likes to sing, and I ask her to sing something new. I haven't heard music in forever and neither has she, apparently. I loved EDM and she likes pop. It seems like we would get along fine.