Chapter 5: News

Kaede's P.O.V

Today made me feel really uneasy for an unknown reason. Maybe it was thanks to everything being perfect as of recently but a thought in my mind kept telling that wasn't it.

I sat at the end of my bed with a frown on my face as the voice in my mind began to suggest any possible answer that it could.

A gentle but rapid knock at the door of my dorm startled me and my heart began to pound.
Shakily I opened it feeling like I was about to collapse to my knees. I had no reason to be this afraid and it was just my gut feelings acting up but it wasn't something that I could help.

"K-Kaede! G-good morning..." Shuichi bowed to me. I felt relief wash over me and I began to giggle happily. "Shuichi you really are like my saviour"

He began to blush slightly "w-what do you mean?" He questioned by tilting his head to the side slightly much like a curious puppy.

My heart awed at this small action.

"Oh! Sorry that sounded really strange, I just had this uneasy feeling that reminded me of the first time we properly met and I remembered how you had helped me through that.. heheh...." I awkwardly laughed.

"Oh... right... uhm.." Shuichi began to quietly ramble.

"Soooo, what brings you here in these early hours, detective?"

"Oh right! As one of my most trusted friends here I thought you should know some really important things I have discovered. Please meet me along with 3 others at Maki's lab once you are ready"

I looked down and finally acknowledged I was still in my nightclothes which were a cute purple/pink colour made from a fluffy material.
I felt my face heat up that I hadn't yet noticed this, I got so busy thinking this morning I didn't get dressed first thing as I woke up like any other usual day.

"Oh my gosh! I completely forgot about that- I mean uh- y..yeah I'll meet you there soon I guess"

For all I was still embarrassed, but the fact that there was some important information had certainly peaked my interest.

I watched as Shuichi exited my room softly closing the door behind him.

When I was ready in my everyday clothes I headed to Maki's research lab. At first I had to wonder 'why there of all places?' But it was brought to my attention that it was probably a secure place where secrets could be shared

At my arrival to outside her door Kaito ran over "Hey Kaede!" Without warning he petted my head to which I just pouted and got really confused at. "I'm not surprised that Shuichi wanted to share whatever this news was to you" There was a faint smirk upon his face and I just pouted even more "what's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing don't worry about it let's just head in there to see Shu and Makiroll" Kaito enthusiastically said.

Although that didn't distract me from a quick thought about who the third friend might be.

When we walked in Maki, Shuichi and Kirumi turned to us happy the 'meeting' was able to start.

"I've chosen you three because I trust you a lot and I know you'll help me with investigating what I need to without any betrayal." Shuichi began.

"As his sidekick I felt it was important to tell Kaito, I've trained with Maki enough to have faith in her, kirumi is much like a mother figure so there must be trust there and of course k-Kaede because s-shes one of my most trusted friends here" Everyone listened closely to Shuichi as he spoke and watched as he pulled his hat further over his face toward the end.

I knew he and Kaito were close but I had no idea of his close relationships with kirumi and Maki. No! I'm not jealous I just didn't know is all...

After taking a deep breath he announced something I hoped was a joke. "I believe there's a mastermind behind all of this among one of us."

Kirumi gasped whilst Kaito screeched. Maki practically burned a hole into the floor with a stare that looked like she was questioning everything in her life.

I was the first to speak up.

"W-what!? That can't be true! I don't want to believe that..." I felt as water built up in my eyes.

Shuichi's face has an expression that made it seem like his heart had just been tore into two as he stood there watching me cry.

"I'm not 100% certain however I've gathered a list of 3 people I think could be possible suspects..."

"This is why you needed our help to investigate... who do you think they could be?" Kirumi asked.

"I've saw Rantaro Amami, Kokichi Oma and Miu Iruma acting very suspicious. I don't have enough evidence to say that I'm correct but these have to be the first people I believe would be capable of such things." Shuichi continued "If we capture the true mastermind maybe we could put this game to an end."

Everyone nodded, prepared to start the search right away.

If I found the mastermind I'd want to do a lot more than simply capture them I mentally huffed.

-
-
-
(Ooo and so the plot thickens, hmm? I'm pretty sure this is the longest chapter I have wrote too so uh- thank you for reading my story for this long ^w^)