Chapter 8: class trial

Shuichi's P.O.V

We'd searched for hours collecting vital pieces of evidence and any additional time that I had spare I tried my best to piece it together.

Of course I had gotten to a few conclusions but none I was actually prepared to agree with. After all, I didn't have many friends to begin with and now all of a sudden I had to watch as they were slaughtered in front of me.

Okay that may have been a bit of an exaggeration... but it might as well have been true!

It didn't take much time after that for me to get as many alibis as I could.

I noticed as Kaito slowly approached me, he didn't seem fazed by the events at all. Maki was following close behind him - you could almost imagine that she'd be grabbing the hem of his jacket for a sense of security.

"Hey side-kick! So... how's it going so far?" He reached up and scratched the back of his head.

"It's a murder case but I suppose it's going as well as it can be right now..." I trailed off my sentence.

Maki suddenly cleared her throat which startled me yet I think that was her aim, just so that she could gain my attention.

"Is everything alright with Kaede? She seems to be acting kind of strange." She stated very bluntly.

Actually for finding a corpse I'd say she was acting the most normal out of all of us. All of us were acting pretty much the same right now and she was the only one with a different attitude to it so that could single her out too.

"Time's up everyone! Head to the area where the first class trial is to begin. Puhuhuh~ see you then"
That was it. The monitor sent every bad feeling flying into our bodies because now we had to risk our own lives.

"Damn, creepy animatronic robot things" Kaito shuddered while saying this under his breathe.

Kiibo, who I didn't even know was nearby, sharply piped up scolding Kaito "that's robophobic!"

He just stared back at him dumbfounded "How!? It was a simple fact and you know it's true!"

"Addressing them as 'robots' like that makes it sound as if we're all 'creepy'"

"Uhh, heh- guys we're kind of off topic here. We have places to be" I nervously spoke up.

Everyone just groaned slightly and got hit with nervousness.

We had to go.

Upon our arrival we found everyone else gathered and then we headed down some rusty looking elevator shaft thing-

Yadayada. You know the deal.

"Let the trial commence!~" all 6 of the bears said in sync.

And with that it had begun.

During the class trial sometimes we had one point and it went around in loops, but there'd be a weakness to it that was counter acted.

I gave them the information about how I informed a few others with information that could probably be seen as a motive. I'm so ashamed of myself for letting it get to this.

We now had a narrowed down list with a small group of suspects. Myself being included.

"Don't worry everyone! Atua says that in the end we'll uncover the truth and there won't be any more bloodshed" Angie peppily shouted at us in a confident tone.

"Or maybe Atua is just saying that because he has blood on his own hands and wants to cover it up" kokichi in all his glory, callously kept his gaze on Angie. Her faced painted in betrayal for a brief second before he spoke up again.
"I'm just kidding~"

The living and dead were all surely annoyed by him already thanks to him and his lies or teasing.

We argued more, stressing every detail as strongly as we could in order to get to the bottom of the mystery.

Thus came the final concluding argument.

"I... I think I know who the killer is and how they did it..." my voice was hushed and it practically came out as a whisper.

My fellow classmates were above the state of being shocked.

"Really?"

"Please explain to us!"

"As to be expected from the ultimate detective"

"..."

"No understand? Many facts... very difficult to follow, I not know who it is at all"

"I let him borrow some of my magical energy so of course he'd have succeeded!"

Many voices and their echoes crossed the hall we were in.

"They had to be in the classroom with myself at the time... rolling he murder weapon down the air vent as I ran out of the classroom to check the library..."

Everyone was silent.

I felt like I was on the verge of tears, the amount of pressure, the situation, just everything was stressful right now.

"The killer is. . .

-
-
-
(I felt bad for not updating for a while sooooooo chapter number 8 hehe~
Any ideas on who killed the avocado boi yet?

Also Thank you for baring with this lazy author updating at the most random of times too, heh... oops)