Chapter 14: Talk with Kaede

(Fun fact: I wrote this instead of doing maths work... hahah oops >.<)

Maki's P.O.V

"Kaede."
She quickly looked over to me and beamed a positive smile.
"Maki, how can I help?"

"Don't hurt him." I didn't mean to have such a harsh tone with her but it needed to be said.
Unfortunately it was followed with a small head tilt to match her confusion.

"Sorry... I don't understand? I don't wish to hurt anyone..."
I just sighed.
"Kaede, you're an oblivious moron..."

There was an exaggerated gasp with a small pout - "heyyy that's meaannn" resuming to a more serious manner she continued to speak "Maki you're not making much sense to me right now but I can tell you're worried about something and whatever it is I promise you I would hate to hurt anyone..."

"What are your thoughts on shuichi."

"Nyeh!- d-did I miss part of the conversation somewhere - that was a total change in atmosphere-"

I grabbed onto my hair as a sense of comfort while I sharply interrupted her "-no you didn't miss anything. It's... unrelated yes but I want an answer."

A faint blush was upon her face but she chose to answer regardless "in all honesty... he's my favourite person here. I'm so grateful for all he's done for everyone and how much he's helped me while we've been trapped here."

"Hm."
She blushed more at my response "h-hey! You asked, what kind of response is that!"

I glared for just a moment but soon let my gaze soften to her "would you ever decide to be with him?"

Kaede.exe appeared to stop working because for a moment she stood there frozen...
"I- wh-"

I knew exactly where this was going so I once again spoke over her "-no rambling. I just want a straight forward answer."

"...I have thought about it believe it or not...but under the circumstances I've just dismissed it, two people we got to know died, why should I be as selfish to fall for someone who has just been showing the kindness that a good human being would show"

"Do you wanna die?"
"Ah- I'm sorry I didn't mean to annoy you!"

I quickly shook my head "sorry that was out of habit... I just think you're stupid, that's all. You say under these circumstances so- exactly, you don't know what's going to happen next so just face up to it"

"I'll... need to consider it." The blonde girl had her sights locked onto the floor "you don't know what's going to happen either... did you know you have a tsundere act? Well anyone of us could drop dead next so be careful with it" she calmly laughed.

"And I thought my words were brutal." I did present to her a tiny smile nonetheless...a tiny smile. Thats it. Don't imagine me being weak or anything.

I knew exactly what she meant though and as much as I was going to hate to admit it but she was right. I was just as stupid as she was.

-

Kaede's P.O.V

Nyahhh! I can't believe I had such a deep conversation with Maki! AND I JUST ADMITTED SOMETHING THAT I DIDNT EVEN KNOW WAS TRUE WHEN I FIRST WOKE UP THIS MORNING?!

Swiftly shaking my head to stop thinking about it I focused on the scene around me. You see, after that discussion, Maki and myself went off adventuring 'outside' or whatever this was.

She's been so reserved for as long as I've known her here but today we have talked like actual people.

"So Kaede how are you feeling about the piano performance you're supposed to be doing soon?"

"Oh.. I'm actually really happy that I get to play the piano properly for the first time in.. a while!"

"Yeah I figured as much. It's gonna be a great show and everyone is going to be having a great time..." Maki mumbled.

I quickly hugged Maki and she froze up, but before I was in harms way due to my actions I ran off waving back.
"Thanks for today Maki! I'm at a lot more peace with some of my thoughts now... and whatever you were talking about earlier- I won't hurt anyone!"

I had to wonder why she decided to have a conversation like that with me today but I suppose it doesn't really matter...

My face burned as I thought about everything

feelings for a person, hm. I guess it's nice to acknowledge that they exist but I won't inconvenience Shuichi by admitting something that even I still can't understand...

-
-
-
(Woah! Did I just write an actual chapter!? :0
Sorry, I feel like my recent uploads have been terrible but I'm tryingggg, with that said though- I think this fanfic might only have a few chapters left...

At some point I'd love to write another fanfic so if you have any ship suggestions I'll consider them ^w^)