Chapter 13: Agreement

Kaito's P.O.V
(Suprise eh? XD)

"They're always flirting with each other they're just too oblivious to know what's going on" I sighed "something should be done about that"

Maki just stared up at me and huffed "I don't know why we should care so much, but I have to say... I agree"

I nodded enthusiastically before Makiroll added something else "I overheard that Kaede is going to play piano what if we just-y'know... got shuichi to show up a give her a rose or something?" She got shy and distracted herself by playing with her hair.

"That's actually a great idea!"

"I feel like you're going to do something extreme kaito...maybe I should apologise to the two in advance" it was ended with disappointed sigh aimed both towards herself and her partner in crime.

Shuichi's P.O.V

Things were relatively calm today and being the true introvert that I am, I had located a relaxing isolated space to sit and read.

I was already half way through it experiencing the dark twists and turns of the story however Kaito arrived so I was forced to politely set aside my book.

"Sidekick! What's up!?"

"Uhm... nothing much?" I  replied in a concerned matter

"Ok so- y'know how you have a huge crush on Kaede right?"
It was so straight to the point.
"Wh- no- I-" my failed words weren't even given a chance before Kaito spoke over me.

"-before you get all defensive and blushy don't worry about it dude, I already know perfectly that you do. And I have a plan" his smile was ridiculously mischievous, it was sort of scary...

Yet I remained silent as if giving him the 'go ahead' signal.

He started to explain to me that at the night of Kaede's musical performance I was to dress up formally carrying a rose to make some huge gesture

"Okay Kaito you clearly don't know me well at all... If you think I have the confidence for something like that you're crazy..." my feeling was almost as if I was defeated

"Chill out man, I don't mean getting up on stage declaring your love to our remaining friends or anything, towards the end just subtly get her to speak with you and your sweet romantic gesture is perfect!" He always seemed so enthusiastic

I let out a painful sigh

"I'll do it."

His gazed locked upon me, staring dumbfounded as if he had expected a longer argument, well that was until I spoke upon again;

"I'll do it on the condition that you do the same for Maki"

Kaito's face flushed to the shade of one of Maki's hair ties for a moment but luckily for him he could quickly compose himself (music pun :0)

I didn't get an immediate answer thanks to losing him to his own thoughts however upon returning his face was deathly serious and there was a slight nod
"Fine.. I suppose it's only fair... but shuichi this is going to be about you, we just need to know that you're capable of pure happiness, not a single one of us knows how much time we have left here"

The reality of it all was truly terrifying.

"I believe Kaede is your ticket to live a fulfilled life"

We spent a little bit of time planning out things, Kaito was such a kind soul. He really cared about the happiness of others even if it meant putting them or even himself into difficult situations as long as the end result would be improve the life of another.

I guess... by the end of this 'concert' thing... my relationship with Kaede shall be able to shape into whatever it was supposed to be. Perhaps this way I can get to know her better, perhaps this way I'll be able to understand the world instead of living in a black and white loop of disturbing mysteries.

Kaito's P.O.V

So things went... smoothly with Shu I guess.
I mean I've gotten myself into a tricky situation but I've done what had to be done.

I had met up with Makiroll to explain the status of our on going operation.

"I did my part, one of the love birds is finally reaching out to the light, accepting the force of Cupid if I must say!"

The girl before me just facepalmed but I'm positive I saw the subtlest of smiles.

"Great."

"You're so reserved Makiroll I thought we were getting closer" I playfully pouted "but anyways y'know this means it's your turn to have a heartfelt conversation to fully accomplish this love spell, I guess it's now your time to get embarrassed by how insightful those dorks can actually be"

She gave a cold glare that sent chills down my spine. Scary. "Do you wanna die?"

There was a brief inch of silence followed by a small huff and a true smile

"It'll work, and then I'll be free from the cringe worthy sight of two oblivious morons awkwardly tiptoeing around their emotions..."

In that moment I could only wonder 'what was her view on romance?'

-
-
-
(Sorry I haven't played DRV3 in a while so I'm guessing the characters may not match their actual personalities but I swear I'm trying my best ;A; I kinda wrote this at 4am so please forgive mee-

In all seriousness I hope everyone is safe, COVID-19 has been rough but hopefully y'all are keeping as positive as possible, just wait it out until things can go back to normal again :<

Ok uh- I don't wanna end on a dark note so here's a random fact, I have a pet hamster named Yuuki, he's really annoying but a sweetie regardless)