Chapter 7

"What happened?" Devan asked in a slightly panicked voice. We were still surrounded by darkness and I hadn't moved a muscles since the lights went out.

"I think the power went down due to the storm...." I grabbed my phone and turned the flashlight on, illuminating the room again. "I don't think it's safe for you to go home now..." I said as I searched for candles in the cabinets.

"Yeah, you're right about that...." I turned around and saw him standing next to the table.

"You can stay here for the night, I don't mind at all and it's just not safe outside." The slightly panicked look in his eyes now subsidied and he walked over to me. He grabbed my phone from my hand. What is he doing?

"Thanks, but I want you to sit down now. You broke your ankle yesterday and I feel like you're not giving it enough rest." I sighed as he grabbed my arms, trying to guide me to a chair. Am I pressuring my ankle to hard? Well, okay, I don't like to just sit around, but it isn't really smart to put to much pressure on it. Maybe I won't even be able to visit my family in three weeks. Once I sat down on a chair, the tiredness kicked in. My eyes felt heavy and so did my cast.

"Do you have everything you need for school tomorrow?" I asked Devan and opened my eyes to look at him, seeing that he was lighting the candles.

"Yeah, a lot of it is still in my bag and the other things are in my locker."

I nodded and checked the time on my phone, 8 pm. Luckily, I still have portable chargers so I can charge my phone during the night. 

"Do you want to do a few games with playing cards?" I asked after a silence had fallen, both of us not really knowing what to say or do.

"Yeah, sure!" He answered and I pointed to the living room.

"The cards are there so we need to move..." He laughed and nodded, carefully picking up two candles before walking to the living room and placing them there. I stood up from my chair and grabbed one candle, having to use my other hand to lean on my crutch.

"I'll move the candles, you get the cards and let your ankle rest." Devan said when I placed the candle down on my coffee table. I sighed and gave in, grabbing the playing cards from the drawer of the table.

"Your really stern about my injury." I said when he sat down next to me on the couch.

"Yeah, well, I once fractured my wrist and I kept on pushing it, which made it even worse. So I want to prevent other people from making the same mistake I made." I nodded and softly squeezed his shoulder.

"Thanks!" I gave him a stock of cards and we started playing.

"Oh that ain't fair!" Devan exclaimed when I placed the last card on the stack, winning this round.

"Pff, and winning four out of six rounds is fair?" I fired back and he scoffed.

"I'm just very good!" I hummed in a sarcastic way and raised my eyebrows. I poked his side and he jerked away. "Don't do that.. I'm very ticklish."

"Ohh, are you?" While I said that I moved closer to him and started tickling him. He started laughing uncontrollably.

"No no no! [Y/N] this isn't fair!" He tried to push me from him, in which he succeeded as he was way stronger than me and I couldn't put more effort in it due to my ankle. He let out a soft sigh and smiled at me. "I don't like many teachers, but you're sure one of the best." He said and I could feel my cheeks heat up, which he couldn't see. The candles lit up enough for us to see each other, but a change of color in the others face is hard to notice in this light.