Chapter 11

Autumn is coming really fast... The weather changed in just a snap of the fingers. Yesterday it was sunny and now it's stormy and cold. I grabbed my bag from the passenger seat and got my keys out of it, having them ready so I can unlock my door instantly. Okay [Y/N], are you ready to run through the rain? Not really, but I have to anyway. I opened the door of my car and got out, immediately locking it and running to my front door. I let myself fall against the door once I got inside and let out a sigh. I'm really out of shape.. Dropping my bag on the floor I walked to the couch and let myself fall on it. Today was a long day... The kids were restless and to be honest so was I. Ever since I woke up today it feels like something is going to happen. I set a timer for ten minutes and closed my eyes, letting myself rest.

What was that? I sat up with a groan and saw the timer went off an hour ago. Ugh, how did I sleep through that? The doorbell rang and shortly after there were loud knocks on my door. What's going on? I got up from the couch and walked over to the front door. I looked through the small window that's in the door. Is that Daniel? What is he doing here? I slightly opened the door and he pushed it open from outside, pushing me against the wall and walking to the living room. Closing the door I went after him.

"Where is he?" Huh? What is he talking about?

"Where is who?" I asked and Daniel rushed upstairs. What is he doing? Where's who? I ran after him and caught him in my bedroom. I blocked the door so he couldn't get out. "Where is who?" I repeated.

"Devan! He's gone!" He said aggressively, running his hand through his hair. "And I'm sure that you know where he is!" He pushed against my shoulder, making it bump into the door post. Ouch! Wait what.. Devan is gone?

"No, I promise you I don't know where he is!" I said trying to calm him down.

"It's your fault! Ever since you've been tutoring him he got rebellious." He tried to push past me, but I pushed him back.

"Oh, are you sure about that? Think a bit closer to home!" I shouted and Daniel grabbed my arm, pulling me out of the doorway. Damn, he's strong. He held me close to him.

"What are you implying?" His voice sounded threatening and a chill went down my spine. We shouldn't waste our time arguing.

"Well, he was fine at school when I saw him. So it must be something that happened at home." I spat out and Daniel pushed me to my bed, walking out of my room. Ahh, my arm! Crap, that hurts. I got up, while holding my arm and followed Daniel downstairs.

"You're a worthless teacher! I asked you about how he was doing and all you said that he was fine. NOW HE'S GONE AND THAT DOESN'T SEEM LIKE FINE TO ME." He began to shout mid sentence. Oh boy, he's really mad.

"Then let's stop wasting our time by arguing and go find him! Then you can ask him yourself why he left, if it was even in his own initiative." I said while putting my shoes on and grabbing my car keys and purse. Daniel's face faltered and his mouth fell open.

"Do you think he's kidnapped?" His voice was calmer as he walked over to me and grabbed my upper arms tightly.

"I don't know, that's why we need to find him. If he left by himself then you can shout whatever the heck you want at me. Now it's important that we find him." I said, walking out of the door and got into my car.

"I'll call you if I find him. And I want you to call me if you find him." I nodded and he closed the door of my car, before getting in his own. I started the engine and drove around town, going in circles and moving my way through town. I grabbed my phone from my purse and searched his number, pressing 'call'.

"Come on, Devan, pick up.." No answer. Again. And again. "Devan, where are you?" Why did he leave? Did he and Daniel argue again? Did Valentina do something to him? I crossed another crossroad and parked my car at the side of the road. I need to get things straight. Okay, he likes the park. Let's got there. With shaky hands I started driving again. Once I've reached the park I got out and locked my car. Running through it, searching for him and calling out his name. "DEVAN, ARE YOU HERE?" The park is empty. Well, logical as it's past nine. Maybe he's at Tyler's, that's his best mate. I got back to the car and drove to Tyler's house, still knowing where he lives as I once dropped Devan off at his. I rang the doorbell a few times and I heard a voice shout from inside. I really shouldn't bother them at this time... The door opened and Tyler stood in the door frame.