Chapter 19

My alarm went off loudly, scaring me awake. I quickly turned it off, hopefully I hasn't woken Daniel up. "Goodmorning!" His voice came from beside me. Ahh shit.. It did woke him up. "Morning! Sorry that my alarm woke you up.." I turned to him and saw him staring at me. He smiled softly and ran his hand through my hair. "Don't worry, darling. I couldn't really sleep last night.." He said and I sat up, facing him. "Why? You could've just woke me up and I would have kept you company.."

"I felt like you deserved some rest after yesterday. But I just kept thinking about yesterday and just couldn't get the thought out of my head that they would've hurt you." Daniel said and I shuffled to him, starting to draw patterns on his arm. "Well, they didn't.. And I'm pretty sure that the police will find the person behind all this very soon." I assured him and he nodded, but he wasn't really calmed down. "What could make you feel better right now?" I asked and he instantly started to grin smugly. "A kiss would be nice." I chuckled and leaned down to kiss his lips softly.

"Was that okay?" I asked when our lips parted. "I'm not sure.." I shook my head while smiling and then kissed him again. "You're lucky I like kissing you." I said between kisses and suddenly he flipped us over.

"[Y/N] if you're going to keep making out with dad you'll be late!" Devan's voice came from the door and Daniel quickly got off of me. My face heated up and Devan laughed. "Shall we walk together?" Devan asked and I nodded. "Yeah, sure! I'll go get changed, grab some breakfast and then we can go." He nodded and walked to the bathroom. "When will you be home?" Daniel asked while I got dressed. "Around lunchtime.." I turned around and smiled. "Devan has class until four though, if that's what you mean." I winked at him and he smiled proudly. This man is going to be the death of me and I wouldn't even be mad about it.

Sitting down on the chair at my desk I let out a sigh. Finally done for today. The students weren't able to focus, which is understandable as the weather was really nice and everyone wanted to go outside. I myself couldn't focus that well too. My thoughts constantly wandered to yesterday's events and everything is now kicking in. I laid my head on my arms, closed my eyes and let out a sigh. My phone beeped and I looked the notification, checking if it's important or not.

From Daniel, 11.38 am.
The police just called. They've caught the person behind all this and it was Valentina. They want me to come to the station to fill some reports against her and then I'll come home again. I'll talk you through all of this when we're both home, but I wanted to let you know they arrested her. X

I sighed in relief, a weight falling off of my shoulders. I'm so glad they caught her. Now we can finally continue with our lives. I quickly grabbed my stuff and exited the building, making my way home. Let's hope that he's back home already.

"Hey!" His warm, deep voice called out when I closed the door behind me. "Heya!" I replied and walked into the living room, seeing him sitting on the couch. "How was work?" He asked as I sat down next to him and I immediately let my head fall against his shoulder and let out a sigh.

"The students and I couldn't focus at all. I think they couldn't focus because of the weather and I couldn't focus because I kept on thinking about yesterday..." I said and Daniel wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer to him. "How did things go at the police station?" I asked, wanting to know about everything so we can close this chapter.

"It was okay. They let me talk to her and I filled in some reports so we can go to court against her. It was a bit disturbing though.. They said that the hand was actually cut off and that the guy was still alive for a whole day. Apparently he worked together with her because he knew you and wanted to get in your way or something." Wait, what? Who could that be? I frowned at Daniel and he started to chuckle. "You look cute like that!" I blushed and playfully poked his side.

"Did they tell you any names?" Daniel nodded and turned a bit more to me. "Bradley or something like that." Wait, Bradley was involved with this. Oh my, he wasn't just a toxic boyfriend, he's just a toxic person in general.

"I dated him for a few years until he became really possessive about me, stalked me everywhere and manipulated me." Daniel's mouth fell open as he stared at me in shock. "Why didn't you tell me that?"

"It never really came up and it's in the past, I got over it and I didn't feel like bothering you with that." I said and Daniel shook his head. "You can always talk to me about everything, you know that..." I nodded and wrapped my arms around him. "Thank you, badger." I used his nickname and he started to laugh. "Are you hungry?" Daniel asked and I shook my head. "Not really.. What about you?" His eyes suddenly darkened and he pressed his lips against my nose. "I'm hungry for you, my darling." He caught my lips into a kiss but then broke it suddenly. "If I'm passing a boundary or I make you uncomfortable, let me know, okay?" I nodded. "I will! And you do the same!" He whispered a soft 'yeah' before crashing his lips against mine again. A moan escaped from my lips when he pulled me into his lap and lifted me up while standing up from the couch. "Let's take this upstairs, shall we?" He said with a smirk on his face and I nodded.

"We shall!" He ran up the stairs easily with me in his arm, while I giggled like a teenager who's in love for the first time.

I hoped you all liked this chapter! Thank you for reading and I'll see you all in the next chapter 👀👀
Xx