11- Pain

Daisy

5 years later

I'm in a meeting with the Blood Warrior pack's high ranks when someone opens the door. I look over and Kate stops, staring at everyone with wide eyes that are red and puffy. She sniffs the air before slowly walking towards me.

She sniffs again when she's in front of me and I pick her up.

"Sorry I walked in. Who are the other's here?"

"High rinks from the Blood Warrior pack."

"Oh."

She sniffs around before looking at them and she bows her head in respect.

"Alpha Ryan. Betas Moon, Gammas Williow, Deltas Truess. This is my daughter Kate."

Female Beta Lacie waves with a smile "Hey there Kate."

"Who are you?"

"I'm Female Beta Lacie." Male Beta Connor holds out his hand to shake hers.

She doesn't.

"Oh. Yeah. Kate is blind. But is amazing at everything."

Kate lightly blushes in an embarrassment.

I smile and whisper in her ear "Why don't you go to Uncle Luke's and Aunt Sammy's room?"

"Okay!" She sniffs around then slowly walks out.

"You let her walk around by herself?"

"Yeah. She can easily find her way around. Plus she said that she can sense things around her and if there is bad or good people. So I don't worry much."

"Much?"

"Yeah. I'm her mother. Of course I'm worried for her."

~~~

I walk over to Kate and pick her up. She smiles "Hey mommy."

"Hey there sweetie. When you walked into the conference room I noticed your eyes was a little red and puffy. What's wrong?"

"I had a bad dream. A guy wanted to hurt you. But then a ash grey wolf attacked the guy and looked at you and said mate."

"How is that a bad dream? Mommy didn't get hurt."

"I know. But other bad dreams I've had came true before."

"What? Really?"

"Yeah. Like the time a boy pushed the girl down the slide and she broke her shoulder blade. Then a next day it happened."

The shoulder blade is very hard to break. Even for humans.

"And where the boy fell onto his back the wrong way and he couldn't move for the rest of his life."

"I remember that boy. He's . . . paralyzed. Myabe for the rest of his life or when he shifts he'll turn out okay."

"Mommy. Will I turn normal when I shift?"

"I don't know. We have to see. But. You are normal. Don't listen to anyone if they are being mean about your eyes. So it won't matter."

"Okay." She smiles.

~~~

Next day

I wake up and decide to go on a run. I tell Luke since he's up and in case Kate might need something.

I go outside and shift before running.

~~~

I get thrown to the side and into a tree. I shift into my human form and groan. I jump up and growl but freeze. He smirks.