THE INTRODUCTION

Hi, quick note: This is my first story, and I hope you enjoy it.  

- Jane

***

Everly was quite new to the whole 'fame' thing. Sure, she had been acting for as long as she could remember (that is, if you count all the times she had messed with her brother, and acted like she was the victim), and she had been in rather many movies and series, but nothing that had really gotten big.

Except the last show she'd been in.

She had played the main character in an action-thriller-series, and the reviews had gone through the roof.

Suddenly she wasn't just another nobody-actress, suddenly she was the Everly Smith, and producers were lining up to get her in their movies.

Everly had just finished all the interviews, premiers and so on, of her show, and all she wanted was a break, not counting on starting on a new project immediately.

Except, when her manager Eric, bless the guy, sent her a snippet of a script, she was intrigued.

The movie was a romance-drama, based on a book called 'The Exquisite Way to Love You', and was basically everything Everly had not done before. She had heard of the book and the author before, yet she had never actually read it, and never thought about it being turned into a movie.

It was a genre that was way beyond her comfort-zone.

Even though she had never been interested in anything remotely like romance-drama, something about the script caught her attention. It was like her gut told her to try out for the role.

Everly usually didn't trust her gut. At all. It had gotten her into some stupid things back in her teenage years.

But, she thought to herself, what else am I supposed to do with all this spare time I've got? That settled it, and she went to the audition.

The woman, who was running the whole thing, seemed kind of uninterested, even though Everly literally stood right in front of her, acting her heart out.

When Everly finished, she was pretty disappointed, seeing the woman's attitude hadn't changed at all.

She was already thinking about what to say to Eric, if she didn't get the role, when the woman looked down at her papers, and asked: "What did you say your name was again?"

***

A few days later, Everly got a call announcing that the part was hers. She was ecstatic.

There was only one downside to this role. She had to move from London to LA.

London, where she lived in a small, but comfortable flat, and where all her friends and family was. LA, California, a huge city in a huge country, where she knew basically no one.

Of course, she would move back as soon as they had wrapped the movie, done press and all that, but it was still upsetting that she had to leave everything she knew.

It's fine, she reminded herself, you're an actress. This is what you do. You try new things, and you get out of your comfort zone.

The following week she took a flight to LA, ready to begin a new chapter of her life.