OF COURSE NOT, LOVE

It had only been about a week since she had met Richard Madden, and to say they hit it off would be an understatement. Everly really liked spending time with Richard, and they quickly became really good friends. He was so wonderfully nice and pleasant, and he was definitely one of the sincerest people Everly had ever met.

They were in Richard's trailer, talking about the movie. They were reading through the script, and giving each other pointers about what to do, and what not to do.

There was a dance-sequence, they would have to do. The sequence featured Everly and Richard's characters, dancing together, and Richard would have to dip Everly. Of course, they would have to learn to dance first. Or, Richard would. Everly knew how to ballroom-dance, so her only concern was Richard maybe, maybe not dropping her.

"You better not drop me, Richard!", she warned, only half joking.

"Of course not, love. Wouldn't dream of it."

He said it so nonchalantly, so normally, that she almost didn't pick it up. But she did, and oh, how her heart did a somersault and her pulse quickened. She even let out an audible and, to be honest, quite embarrassing gasp.

Oh my God, she swore inside her head. Please let him not have heard that.

She blushed and glanced up at Richard, who was looking down at his script again, and luckily seemed to have noticed nothing.

"Um... yeah... so I'll... um... I'll just g-go," she mumbled, all flustered, stumbling over her words. She got up from her seat, and quickly moved to exit the trailer.

Just before she got out, she looked back over her shoulder at Richard, who was watching her with an amused smile. He shot her a quick wink, and his smile got, if possible, even wider.

Being halfway out the door already, Everly tripped, and nearly fell down the steps outside of Richards trailer, before she regained her balance.

She closed the door behind her with lightning-speed, and almost ran away from the disaster that just happened.

As she strode away from the trailer, she heard Richards unmistakable laugh sound from the inside.

***

"Why?", she said to herself, when she had reached the safety and privacy of her own trailer. "Why can't I just be normal around him, like literally any other human being."

It was quite pathetic, really. She felt like a little schoolgirl pining after her crush. She was very close to ripping her hair out, out of sheer frustration. She decided against it, though, imagining what Richard would think of her, and then cursing herself for thinking of Richard. Again.

She willed herself to calm down, and to steady her uneven breaths.

I need to get over this, she thought. He called me 'love', so what? It's Richard Madden! I'm sure he calls everybody 'love'! It's just a sign that we're becoming good friends, and us being friends, is exactly what I want! Isn't it?

It wasn't.