Chapter Fifteen.

"Ellie! I... I wasn't expecting you" He stammered.

"Clearly! You were expecting my little sister! My little sister who is currently curled up on my sofa, no doubt asleep because all she did was cry last night and again since she woke up!" She exclaimed.

"I can explain!" He said putting his hands in his pockets.

"Please do! Spare no detail either because the way I'm feeling right now, I want to staple your balls to a fucking tree!" She snapped.

"Well... we... I ermm..."

"Benjamin! I've known you my whole life and I have never known you to stutter! Spit it out!"

"We left dads, then the whole shit show of her place getting broken in to happened and she was in shock. Which is understandable. We got back to mine; I showed her round because she hasn't been to my new place. I was sat watching the news, she came in, she kissed me and I froze. She started to get embarrassed and move away, so I kissed her back! Gave it everything I've got, if you must know and...ugh! god kill me now... I've wanted to kiss her for so long now! No sooner had it happened, I stopped because I didn't want..."

"Steve to fine out." She interrupted him.

"In part but not entirely. I didn't want to take advantage of her. Not after everything that happened with Jack and then the house." He felt better having gotten it all out but he wanted it to be Charlotte he told.

"You're a fucking idiot, you do know that, right? Ben, she's liked you for years!" She sighed. "Pretty sure she has since she was in school but she only ever watched from afar because you're Ste's best mate and you were always off fucking around with Jen! Then you married the witch!" Not being able to look at her, he started to stare at his feet. "What makes the whole situation more fucking frustrating, is the fact you love her!"

His head snapped up at that last comment. "What! How did... Did Adam tell you?" His voice took on an angry edge. "He promised he..."

"He didn't utter a single word! I was awake! I heard you with my own ears! After everything you've done for her and Rosie, when are you just going to grow a pair, tell her and then be what they need...what I know she wants and what you want? To be together!" She stood up and walked around the desk, placing a hand on his shoulder. "You've got some serious making up to do because she is absolutely devastated at the thought that you've been stringing her along. Don't worry about Ste, me and mum can handle him." She winked.

"Your mum? Like it wasnt bad enough your dad almost catching us, now your mum knows?" He shook his head and ran his hands down his face.

"Buddy, the second she saw sense and dumped that asshole, we were getting ready to set you both up! Dad saw what he saw and told us we wouldn't need to!" She laughed as she headed to the door. "I mean it! Fix it before it can't be fixed! I'll talk to her. Calm her down enough to not want to, what was it she said? Oh yes, beat you senseless with a slipper!" She laughed not getting the reference. He got it though. He thought if she was thinking of the times she'd hit him with a slipper, maybe she wasn't too mad and he could fix it.

********

Charlotte pulled in to the drive to see Bens truck parked on the curb. Sighing, she turned the engine off and climbed out. "Come on sweetie." She called to Rosie as she opened the door for her. "Go do your homework and then you can watch some tv while I cook."

"Ok mum!" She smiled happily. "Bens here!" She said with a beaming smile on her face.

"Hmm so he is. Go on, off you go." Nudging her in the direction of the door.

"Hi Bear!" She called to him as she ran inside.

"Hey rosebud." He smiled down at her from up the ladder.