Chapter Sixy-Four.

"Her last what?" Ben asked the doctor, having not caught what she said. "What are her blood test results?" He continued.

"It's not possible..." Charlotte whispered to herself.

"What's not possible?" Ben asked her, confused about what was going one.

"It's definitely possible and also the case Miss Williams. We'll do a scan to determine how far along you are."

"How far?.. Babe, what's she talking about?"

"I'm not pregnant! I can't be..."

"Pregnant?" Ben jumped up from off the bed.

"We use protection! There has to be a mistake!" She looked at the doctor. "Ben! Tell her! Tell her we always use protection!" She looked over at him. "Tell her!" She exclaimed.

Shaking his head out of his daze, he looked at Charlotte and then the doctor. "We always use a con..." He stopped suddenly.

"Ben?" Charlotte called out to him.

"We usually always use a condom." He turned to look at Charlotte. "The night Jack was arrested..." She looked at him expectantly. "When everyone left, you scared the shit out of me...in the shower..."

"Oh god...we didn't use..." Her eyes filling with tears. She felt Ben's hand gently bring her chin up so they were looking at each other. Her eyes closed as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Is having a baby with me really that bad?" He half joked as he wiped the tear away. She opened her eyes to see him smiling lovingly at her.

"We're having a baby." She whispered.

"Yeah, we are." He whispered back and lent his forehead against hers.

"A little brother or sister for Rosie." She smiled.

"Yep. Another little you or maybe a little me... I'm going to be a dad..." He eyes now filling with tears.

"A dad again... You're amazing with Rosie, she said herself that she loves you like a dad." She smiled as tears started to roll freely down his cheeks.

"I'll go arrange the ultrasound. To get a more accurate date for you. You'll be able to go once we've done that. I would advise upping your calorie intake though, low blood sugar can cause dizzy spells. Low blood pressure isn't uncommon in some pregnancies and your midwife will want to keep an eye on it, to keep you and the little one safe." She smiled at the couple before excusing herself.

"A baby." Charlotte let out a small laugh.

"Ste is going to castrate me." Ben groaned before laughing. He stopped when he realised Charlotte wasn't laughing with him. "You ok?" He asked as he sat by her legs facing her on the bed.

"Do you think it's too soon?" She asked quietly. When he didn't reply straight away she panicked. "You do don't you? I mean yeah, you're happy to be a dad but it's too soon. We've not been together for a year yet and I'm knocked up! I didn't do this to trap..."

"Stop! Don't finish that. We live together, I asked you to marry me! You didn't do this on your own, so how have you trapped me? Ok, we've not been together for a years but we've know each other over thirty years."

"Thanks! That makes me feel really bloody old babe!" She huffed causing him to laugh.

"Realistically? This isn't planned but there's never a perfect time to have a baby. Is there, really? Rosie wasn't planned but you don't have a single regret there."

"I don't have any about our baby either." She said quietly.

"Good, yeah I was shocked at first but I don't think for a second that you did this to trap me. I'm over the bloody moon!" He squeezed her hand and lent forward to kiss her as she suddenly started to laugh.