The Echo Bugs Strike

"You smell like Cabbage"

"Seriously dude? That's your best line?" Riff asked his friend, Zap, who was whispering into the last Echo Bug, "Thrash said insulting things, he didn't specify what to say" Zap replied snarkily. Riff sighed and stuffed the Echo bug into a net, "Right, let's go" he said to Zap as he jumped into the basket of the balloon. "Remember we let these out all over the forest, eventually, Quincy and Essence will stumble upon them, confront each other and then it's Bye Bye Funk forever" Riff explained to Zap.

However, what Riff didn't know was that one Echo Bug had heard the entire conversation, now it had the message playing over and over again. The bugs sat quietly in the net as the balloon flew over to Troll forest.

------------------

"So you play Harmonica, huh?"

Cooper nodded, he and D went for a walk to get away from all the tension after yesterday. "It took me ages to get it right, you won't believe how hard it is" Cooper said, D laughed, "That's Hard? But it looks so easy", "That's the point, it's deceiving you" Cooper laughed along. D sighed happily as he heard the peaceful sound of the birds and bugs chittering in the trees, "Gosh this is just what I needed" he said, "I'm so glad you asked me to come out here"

"Hey it's the least I can do, I mean, I'm just glad we can catch up more now" Cooper smiled

D laughed, "Yeah, I'm glad too, after yesterday...geez I needed this"

"By the way, how are you feeling after that?"

"...I mean...a little better, Barb and I had a talk, she helped me get over it and-"

"Wait, you and Barb were talking?"

"Yeah! She's actually really nice once you get to know her"

"Wow, never expected that from her in a mile"

"Me neither, but here we are"

Cooper smiled as they continued walking until he noticed the sunlight disappear. "What the? It was so sunny this morning, where did the sun go?" Cooper asked, looking up seeing a dark shadow covering the sun.

--------

"Alright, we're here" Zap said, Riff chuckled as he grabbed a dagger and cut the net loose. "LET 'ER RIP!" He cried as the net fell and released all the Echo Bugs, once they all fluttered away, the ship moved out of the way as fast as it could and revealed the sunlight again. 

---------

Cooper blinked as the sun shone again, watching as several red bugs flew away. "...That was weird" Cooper said to himself, "What was?" D asked, but Cooper shook his head, "Nah it's nothing that big, come on, let's go."

As the two continued walking, Cooper noticed how quiet D had become, he had noticed from the short time of being with them that D had a knack for starting conversations so this sudden silence worried him. "Hey, you doing okay?" Cooper asked, D sighed in response, "No, I'm worried about Mom and Dad"

"Still worried?"

"Yes! Did you see how heated their argument got!? I'm telling you, one more fight and that's it they're done!"