The Tensions Rise

Branch was sitting in his bunker adding the finishing touches onto the 'Trolladelic' tape, when a knock came to his door, "Poppy if that's you, No, I don't have any tape" he answered. "Branch, it's Peppy...can I talk to you?" Peppy called...or supposedly it was. "Uh, yeah sure thing" Branch said as he went to open up the door. Branch peeked his head out from his door "What do ya need your majest-", "GRAB HIM!" Suddenly, Branch was lifted up and into the trees by two rock trolls. "HAHA! WE GOT HIM!" One cried.

"W-what's going on?" Branch cried, only to be met with a dagger to his face, "Don't worry, Baron, you're in our care now!" Riff said, pulling the dagger away. Branch blinked at the name, "H-how did you...no-ones called me that in years", "Oh trust me...we know" From the shadows of the trees came the figure of Thrash, he held a small red bandanna in his hand, "Recognize this?" Thrash asked. Branch stared at the bandanna, "Yeah? That's my old bandanna from when I was- Wait! HOW DO YOU HAVE MY BANDANNA?! AND WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH ME?" He screamed. 

Thrash helped Branch up and put a hand on his shoulder, "Branch" he started, "You're a rock troll!", "WHAT!? NO I'M NOT! I'M A POP TROLL! ALWAYS HAVE BEEN, ALWAYS WILL BE!" Branch yelled, Thrash put a hand up. "Look, you're a mix between the both, your Mother was a Pop troll and your Father was my childhood friend, a Rock troll named Robbie. Point is, you are one of us, maybe not a full rock troll but you still are one."

Branch groaned, "So what? You want me to join you?"

"Maybe" Thrash said, beginning to circle Branch, "I mean, have you seen how your leader treats you? She's awfully hotheaded"

"That's just the stress getting to her"

"And how mad she was when you offered to play alongside a different troll"

"Well I mean-"

"Also, her big, over the top ideas! I mean does she even think before she blurts them out?"

"No...b-but that doesn't mean-"

"Face it Branch, she's not just a horrible leader...she's a horrible friend, especially to you" Thrash said, leaning back against the tree trunk, "But...come with us? We can give you things you would never get here, appreciation for your ideas, a whole collection of traps, and brownies", "YUUUMMM!!" Riff said in Branch's ear. "Branch, you are basically everything that defines a Rock troll" Thrash said before he began to pluck at his strings gently.

That's the price you pay

Leave behind your heartache, cast away

Just another product of today

Rather be the hunter than the prey

And you're standing on the edge, face-up

Cause you're a Natural

A beating heart of stone

You gotta be so cold

To make it in this world

Yeah, you're a natural

Living your life cutthroat

You gotta be so cold