Chapter 16

"Let me take you hunting tomorrow," Chaska said.

I lifted my head up slightly upon hearing Chaska speak.

My eyes barely fluttered open, my back turned away from him as I lay on the buffalo fur beneath me. I turned my body - with great difficulty - around to face him. There he lay only a few feet away from me, his face focused on mine, searching for answers. I groaned, dropping my head back on the soft silk fur.

"Couldn't you wait until morning to ask me?" I asked him, my voice coming out hoarse from my disturbed slumber.

"Sorry," he muttered before looking down, pretending to be sorrowful and attempting to make me feel guilty.

At first, when he did that, it usually worked - but not anymore. Now I've gotten smarter. Turns out Chaska isn't some big, bad, scary man he was posing to be; actually, he's just a big ole softy.

"Mmm-hmm," I hummed, turning back, however, not before noticing a smile escaping from the side of his lips. I couldn't help but smile too.

"So, is that a yes?"

"Could you please stop rolling your eyes before they get twisted," I told Chaska, chuckling along the way while panting for breaths.

"I told you not to bring so many things. But you didn't listen," he complained.

Early in the morning, Chaska and I left for our hunting trip. Apart from hunting, he planned on showing me around the area a little bit more so I could get familiar with the place. We would probably be gone the entire day if my calculations are correct, but Chaska said it'll only be a few hours. Nevertheless, I've come prepared. Two containers of water, a bag filled with food, mainly deer meat - deer seems to be the only meat we get around here, and my bow and arrows.

Chaska, on the other hand, just feels it's necessary to only walk along with his bow and arrows, which I personally find very irresponsible.

"Well, you could be a gentleman and help me," I argued, trying to keep my arrow bag and the containers from falling.

I was too busy looking down, fixing my bag that I didn't pay attention to when Chaska declared, "We're here," stopping right in front of me. I went crashing into his rock of a back and stumbled into the ground. "Bella," Chaska quickly turned around, alarm evident in his voice.

I giggled, "I'm okay," I stretched my hand out for him to pull me up, "Help me up," without delay, he quickly grabbed my hand to bring me back up.

Chaska spent hours teaching me to hunt. I did miss my shot far too many times, but in the end, I did a pretty good catch if you ask me - I killed a bunny rabbit. I'm so proud of myself, to be honest.

Anyways, we didn't catch anything else because Chaska said I scared away all the animals. So that means he'll probably have to come back tomorrow.

"I'm full," I told him, rubbing my stomach and glancing at the blue-covered skies.

Before we head back, we decided to eat the food I brought so I wouldn't have to take it all back by myself because Chaska wasn't much of a help.

Although I was looking down at my full stomach through the buckskin clothing, I noticed from the corner of my eyes Chaska staring at me. "What is it?" I asked, shifting to face him.

"It's just... you're the most beautiful woman I've ever laid my eyes upon," he blushed, looking down, his eyes filled with glassy liquid, making me blush in the process.

"I bet you say that to all the girls," I chuckled, hitting him playfully on his bare chest.

I gasped when he grabbed hold of my hand before I had the chance to pull it back from his chest. Looking back up at him, his eyes were now filled with lust. Carefully, he brought my hand up to his plump lips, kissing it.

Within a blink of an eye, Chaska was right in front of me, our faces merely inches apart. Slowly, he brought his hand up, sliding his thumb over my chapped lips. "Breathtaking," he muttered, his voice husky. I blushed - because who wouldn't?

I closed my eyes, only to reopen them a second later from the feeling of Chaska slamming his lips onto my own. In my head, I was debating whether to kiss him back or not. When his hands slowly made their way into my hair, and at that moment, I stopped thinking and kissed back.

Moans escaped as our tongues entwined. I kept my eyes shut when I felt I was gently being pushed towards the grass beneath me. I smiled when I felt the heat radiating from Chaska's body as he hovered above me, our lips never breaking contact. He grabbed at my buckskin shirt, lifting it above my head, finally breaking contact from our embrace. I lifted my hands up for him to take the clothing off. Our breathing hitched from the contact of our upper bodies.

"You're beautiful," Chaska let out a pant as he slid his nose on my neck, taking in the fragrance.

"So are you," I told him, gazing down as I roamed my hands on his chest. Chaska quickly slipped off his buckskin pants - still underneath me. I did the same with a little help from him. Momentarily, we both lay in each other's arms exposed and completely naked.

With the wind blowing furiously, creating music as it went by, the tall oak trees swayed above us, leaves fell to the ground, and the sun blazed down. We held onto each other, all of our being heightened, each touch sending shock waves through our bodies, my mind became completely empty letting my sensations take over. The sense of touch, taste, smell, hear, see, all came into full impact as we made love for the very first time.